Discussion topic: My sky q mini box constantly keeps losing connection to the main sky q box

This message was authored by scouselfc This message was authored by: scouselfc

Re: My sky q mini box constantly keeps losing connection to the main sky q box

i had problems like this found out it was on eco mode in the settings turn it off on both boxes also when the sky q updates box u need to put sky q on stand by and switch on it will be updated  then u will need to re connect mini box as the update on sky q knocks the mini out !! hope this helps !! good luck !!

This message was authored by EmilyF This message was authored by: EmilyF

Thanks all, I will try your suggestions and if no luck try another call with Sky. Almost reassuring to see it's not just us experiencing the issue, it drives me mad!

This message was authored by Leet5096 This message was authored by: Leet5096

Hi,

We have 3 min boxes and Sky Q, we keep losing connectivity to the Sky Q box from all 3 mini's mostly at differing times but occasionly all together. The Sky Q box continues to work fine.

We have always kept restarting the boxes, but this does not prevent it happening agai. We are seeing this issue daily and it seems to be increasing in regularity.

From this community chat it would seem we need to replace at minimum the 3 miniboxes and possibly the main Sky Q box.

Any further help?

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Leet5096 wrote:

Hi,

We have 3 min boxes and Sky Q, we keep losing connectivity to the Sky Q box from all 3 mini's mostly at differing times but occasionly all together. The Sky Q box continues to work fine.

We have always kept restarting the boxes, but this does not prevent it happening agai. We are seeing this issue daily and it seems to be increasing in regularity.

From this community chat it would seem we need to replace at minimum the 3 miniboxes and possibly the main Sky Q box.

Any further help?

@Leet5096 you say you are restarting them are you only restarting the mini boxes ? if so try 

rebooting your main Q box ie
putting your box into Standby then switching it off at the wall for 30 seconds
switch it back on then follow the on screen instructions

then rebooting each mini box

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Leet5096 This message was authored by: Leet5096

@Laing1 I have rebooted all Sky boxes and still no improvement. I have now booked a Sky engineer to visit

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion