Discussion topic: My sky mini box is trying to use the sky internet and not my house internet and this isn’t strong

This message was authored by Jackie91 This message was authored by: Jackie91

My sky mini box is trying to use the sky internet and not my house internet and this isn’t strong

Network setup says connected to SKY8ACA8 but I want it to connect to my home internet not the mini box as this signal isn't strong enough

All Replies

Jackie91
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jackie91 This message was authored by: Jackie91

Re: My sky mini box is trying to use the sky internet and not my house internet and this isn’t stron

I want sky to use my hone briadband nit the mini box 

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

Re: My sky mini box is trying to use the sky internet and not my house internet and this isn’t stron

The mini box connects to the network sent out by the main box, not your own broadband connection. You'll need to contact Sky for a booster if the signal isn't strong enough. 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jackie91 wrote:

Network setup says connected to SKY8ACA8 but I want it to connect to my home internet not the mini box as this signal isn't strong enough

@Jackie91 if Sky is not your broad band provider and you are wanting to connect the mini boxes by wifi then afraid the mini boxes will only connect to the main box by way of the Sky mesh they cannot connect to a third party router/broadband 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion