Discussion topic: My sky mini box has frozen. On the remote only power button works and volumn button

This message was authored by chris+bodge This message was authored by: chris+bodge

My sky mini box has frozen. On the remote only power button works and volumn button

My mini box frozen. Remote only works with power button and volume. Can't get to main screen to watch TV recordings etc.ive tried on and off and full reset without success.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7 Answer

Re: My sky mini box has frozen. On the remote only power button works and volumn button

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@chris+bodge wrote:

Hi. I've tried this.when powered the mini box up red light is on. Then blue screen comes on where you press home button when screen clears but then nothing happened apart from light on front going orange. So pressed this button and it goes green. Main screen comes on with TV showing left corner but I can't scroll down to TV guide etc.

@chris+bodge Try repairing your SKYQ remote, Hold down 1 and 3 together, then follow the on screen instructions?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Re: My sky mini box has frozen. On the remote only power button works and volumn button

@chris+bodge wrote:

My mini box frozen. Remote only works with power button and volume. Can't get to main screen to watch TV recordings etc.ive tried on and off and full reset without success.

Hi @chris+bodge Try rebooting your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back on to reboot, then do the same with the Mini box?

chris+bodge
Topic Author
This message was authored by chris+bodge This message was authored by: chris+bodge

Hi. I've tried this.when powered the mini box up red light is on. Then blue screen comes on where you press home button when screen clears but then nothing happened apart from light on front going orange. So pressed this button and it goes green. Main screen comes on with TV showing left corner but I can't scroll down to TV guide etc.

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7 Answer

@chris+bodge wrote:

@chris+bodge Try repairing your SKYQ remote, Hold down 1 and 3 together, then follow the on screen instructions?

chris+bodge
Topic Author

You are a star. This worked. Thanks very much.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion