Discussion topic: My sky Q box is starting to fail after 7 years. How do I arrange replacements?

This message was authored by DBPE28 This message was authored by: DBPE28

My sky Q box is starting to fail after 7 years. How do I arrange replacements?

My sky q box is broken after 7 years and I need to replace it.  How do I do that?  Have main box plus 2 minis

All Replies

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

Re: My sky Q box is starting to fail after 7 years. How do I arrange replacements?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DBPE28 You need to call Sky to request a replacement for faulty equipment.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: My sky Q box is starting to fail after 7 years. How do I arrange replacements?

@DBPE28 

Whats wrong with the main Sky box?

If Sky agree to swap the box it may be via a doorstep box swap in that you disconnect the box prior to DPD delivering the replacement which you set up yourself. Remember to remove the viewing card from the old box before it disappears into a DPD van.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Might be worth telling us what you think is broken, before you consider a replacement.

Or, 

If it is one of the problems below, follow the Sky Help advice to fix and if that does not fix some problems, you can order a replacement box online.

Not turning on?
https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv/sky-tv-q/fixing-sky-q/fixing-q-equipment/sky-q-box-wont-turn-on...

Hard drive or recording errors?

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv/sky-tv-q/fixing-sky-q/fixing-recordings-and-downloads/fix-a-pro...

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion