Discussion topic: My mini sky box is not showing tv guide

This message was authored by Kameron This message was authored by: Kameron

Re: My mini sky box is not showing tv guide

Sky do not care. They just want to grab our money.

This message was authored by Rundle66 This message was authored by: Rundle66

I've got this problem, been like it for ages it's really annoying 

This message was authored by Ray+Keenan This message was authored by: Ray+Keenan

I've had this issue for a year now. I'm currently rebooting my main box two or three tiles a week. The box reboot solution is just temporary. There doesn't seem to be a permanent solution to this issue and because it only seems to affect a few customers and not all of them, Sky aren't interested in investigating the cause. 

This message was authored by broughey This message was authored by: broughey

@sandihall I've had this problem for over a week but tonight the guide came back

I rebooted the mini box (as I have done about 3 times a day) but tonight it failed to connect to my Q box (previously it had shown as connected). A message came up saying it couldn't connect and asked me to try again later or press ? for help.

I pressed ? and and it suggested I reactivate by going to Settings, Status, Reactivate. I did this and the box rebooted, but this time the TV guide returned.

I wish I could explain it, It may be down to the sequence of events or just luck but it may help you. 

This message was authored by Kirsty+Jarvie This message was authored by: Kirsty+Jarvie

The TV guide is not showing

This message was authored by Chris+jewity This message was authored by: Chris+jewity

Same here main box ok all mini boxes show half of listings so disnt always record going on for weeks now. Rebooted many times. Sometimes says on mini box viewing card not paired. But main box says paired 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chris+jewity wrote:

Same here main box ok all mini boxes show half of listings so disnt always record going on for weeks now. Rebooted many times. Sometimes says on mini box viewing card not paired. But main box says paired 

@Chris+jewity when you say you have rebooted many times have you also rebooted the main box first before the mini boxes

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Chris+jewity This message was authored by: Chris+jewity

Yes main box first. Main box is ok just mini boxes missing lots of listings so you can't see what's on or record 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion