Discussion topic: My Sky box couldn’t be fitted in my property because of the tall trees surrounding the property.

This message was authored by JamesT4444 This message was authored by: JamesT4444

My Sky box couldn’t be fitted in my property because of the tall trees surrounding the property.

My sky box couldn't be fitted on Wednesday 20th March in my property because of the surrounding trees. The engineer said that I need to get in contact to get a sky streaming stick to plug into my tv instead. This is something I would like to get and follow up. Can you help me? 

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: My Sky box couldn’t be fitted in my property because of the tall trees surrounding the property.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JamesT4444  You would need to call sky directly and discuss your offer 

explain that you have had a failed sky Q installation and the reason why 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
JamesT4444
Topic Author
This message was authored by JamesT4444 This message was authored by: JamesT4444

Re: My Sky box couldn’t be fitted in my property because of the tall trees surrounding the property.

Have you got a contact number because I really struggle to get through to anyone? It's always these online chats that I get put through. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@JamesT4444 wrote:

The engineer said that I need to get in contact to get a sky streaming stick to plug into my tv instead. 

Note it's not a 'sky streaming stick'.

The product is Sky Stream, and the hardware is a Stream Puck.  The subscription is for 'Entertainment with Netflix', either on a monthly rolling contract or an 18 month minimum term.

They may try to sell you a Glass television instead: be very sure you know what that involves before saying yes.

Both Glass and Stream absolutely require a decent internet connection.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@JamesT4444 wrote:

Have you got a contact number because I really struggle to get through to anyone? 

@JamesT4444 
You can call Sky free by dialling 150 from a Sky Talk landline or a Sky Mobile, otherwise you can use:
https://www.sky.com/help/home
UK customers: Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number.
ROI customers: change the flag in the bottom right corner of the link to the ROI flag then scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0818 number.
(The forum doesn’t allow us to type the numbers in full).

You will find that similar to calling other large companies the start will be automated which may also try to send you back to the forum. Stay on the line as long as possible and don’t hang up.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion