Discussion topic: My Sky Q box cannot connect to my router

This message was authored by Jona111111 This message was authored by: Jona111111

My Sky Q box cannot connect to my router

my Sky CuBox cannot connect to my router. I have gone through the on-screen instructions, but it has not worked. The last instruction told me to press the WPS button on my broadband router. But there is no WPS button on my broadband router, so I pressed the one on my sky Q box. But it did not work

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: My Sky Q box cannot connect to my router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jona111111 wrote:

my Sky CuBox cannot connect to my router. I have gone through the on-screen instructions, but it has not worked. The last instruction told me to press the WPS button on my broadband router. But there is no WPS button on my broadband router, so I pressed the one on my sky Q box. But it did not work

@Jona111111 what broadband router do you have ? if its the Sky SR203/4 the upright broadband hub the WPS button is onthe thin edge of the right handside of the router 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: My Sky Q box cannot connect to my router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jona111111 wrote:

Hi @Jona111111 

Pressing the WPS button just on the Q box will not help.

First reset your broadband router.
With Sky broadband hold the Reset on the back of the router until the power light flashes green (about 10 seconds). Don't unplug or switch off your router while it resets. The power light will go green when it's done.
Wait until the router is completely back and running and then try a Network Reset found in Q box Home - Settings - Setup - Network.
Highlight Status and then select Reset on the right hand side. Follow instructions to connect by WiFi to your router. Even if reset is not listed there is still an option to connect by WiFi to Sky or 3rd party router
As you are on Sky Broadband you will be asked to press the WPS button on the Sky router. (Not on the Q box as the Network reset will start the main Q box WPS automatically). Make sure you press the WPS button on the Sky router and not the reset button.  WPS button shown below

oldfella_0-1691402294249.png

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion