Discussion topic: Moving home

This message was authored by Boxeremma This message was authored by: Boxeremma

Moving home

I have a Sky Q box and I have moved it to an apartment which has Sky in to every apartment. I have three connectors coming out of the wall. There is a Koenig splitter involved but it doesn't seem to matter what way I connect the cables I can't get a satellite signal.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1 Answer

Re: Moving home

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Boxeremma wrote:

I have a Sky Q box and I have moved it to an apartment which has Sky in to every apartment. I have three connectors coming out of the wall. There is a Koenig splitter involved but it doesn't seem to matter what way I connect the cables I can't get a satellite signal.

@Boxeremma I'd follow @MightyQuinn and @TimmyBGood advice and contact Sky for a home move the fact that Sky is in every apartment would lead me to believe there is a communaul dish and as such you would need Sky to send a MDU trained engineer out to sort you out. They would need access to the satelitte equipment cupboard so you would need to find out where that is.

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @Boxeremma   Did you book your home move?

Moving home with us | Sky Help | Sky.com

Boxeremma
Topic Author

No....I didn't know I had to do that. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Boxeremma wrote:

I didn't know I had to do that. 

The potential problem is that if 'Sky in to every apartment' means a previous occupant of your dwelling had Sky+ HD (as that 'splitter' may well indicate), you can't just plug in a Q box and expect it to work.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1 Answer

@Boxeremma wrote:

@Boxeremma I'd follow @MightyQuinn and @TimmyBGood advice and contact Sky for a home move the fact that Sky is in every apartment would lead me to believe there is a communaul dish and as such you would need Sky to send a MDU trained engineer out to sort you out. They would need access to the satelitte equipment cupboard so you would need to find out where that is.

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Godfrey This message was authored by: Godfrey

The fact that the previous tenant was using a Koenig splitter suggests to me that the communal Integrated Reception System installation is feeding your apartment from a communal multiswitch that is capable of providing a Single Cable Router (SCR) feed, and they were using the splitter to provide two SCR 'User Band' feeds to a Sky+HD receiver. 

Thus, this communal multiswitch could well be a dSCR device which could also provide your Sky Q receiver with a suitable SCR feed.

So, is your Sky Q receiver showing the LNB type to be the default WIDEBAND type, or is it showing it to be configured to be using an SCR type of LNB?

If it is showing the LNB type to be WIDEBAND, then changing the LNB type to be SCR, and then removing the mains power for around 10 seconds, might well be the only thing that is required to get your Sky Q receiver working.

Highlight LNB type.jpg

Godfrey.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Godfrey wrote:

If it is showing the LNB type to be WIDEBAND, then changing the LNB type to be SCR might well be the only thing that is required to get your Sky Q receiver working.

@Boxeremma 

From memory, that setting is in the 'hidden' installer menu:

Press Home and navigate down to highlight Settings but do not select Settings

With Settings highlighted press 0 0 1 Select

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Boxeremma
Topic Author

I have booked my home visit....thanks.

Boxeremma
Topic Author

Spot on. Thanks

Boxeremma
Topic Author

Thanks...I changed to SCR and it didn't fix the problem. Sky engineer booked.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion