Discussion topic: Moving home but no new address yet to move it to.

This message was authored by oldsoldierbill This message was authored by: oldsoldierbill

Moving home but no new address yet to move it to.

Hello I am in the process of putting our house on the market, but would not be moving into a new home straight away..

We will be living in our motorhome until we buy a new home. I have read that you cannot take a SkyQ box away from it's registered address which we are OK with as can use SkyGo. However is there a way to keep our existing package and SkyQ without an address? We both have our mobiles with Sky and are happy to continue paying for our Sky package, as I am a VIP Diamond customer so our package is no longer available (F1).

We will be registering everything under my sisters or parent address for post/Dr/dentist, but they both already have SkyQ and I have read that you cannot have 2 accounts at the same address and on the same wifi. We also can't use the campsites as you are not allowed to stay on a campsite for long periods, so would be moving around.

Is there a way to keep my Sky package? I am no longer in contract so if we need to cancel then we can, but we would prefer to keep it if we can. I have tried contacting Sky and have been unable to get past the automatic call to speak to an adviser.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Moving home but no new address yet to move it to.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@oldsoldierbill 

You can keep paying for the television service, but Q without a satellite dish just doesn't work: Go should continue to function.  Inform Sky of your new address when you get one, and keep the Q television box(es) safe.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Moving home but no new address yet to move it to.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@oldsoldierbill 

Where things become problematic is if a new resident at your previous address tries to order Sky television....

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion