22

Discussion topic: Missing SKY Q Apps even after a new box

Reply
This message was authored by Painlessjm This message was authored by: Painlessjm

Missing SKY Q Apps even after a new box

Have no Apps apart from Peacock, like several people on this forum...

 

I have gone through all posts about missing apps, tried all the guides and chatted to sky tech support over the phone. Even got a new sky q box, tried the guides again and still the same, no apps apart from Peacock.

 

Can a superuser please escalate this so I can see if this may finaly be sorted! Thanks πŸ™‚


Best Answers
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15 Answer

Re: Missing SKY Q Apps even after a new box

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this chat now as this matter has been resolved. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks.

View this Answer within the discussion

Reply

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Re: Missing SKY Q Apps even after a new box


@Painlessjm wrote:

Have no Apps apart from Peacock, like several people on this forum...

 

I have gone through all posts about missing apps, tried all the guides and chatted to sky tech support over the phone. Even got a new sky q box, tried the guides again and still the same, no apps apart from Peacock.

 

Can a superuser please escalate this so I can see if this may finaly be sorted! Thanks πŸ™‚


Peacock isn't an app - it's a Sky created list of a handful of shows available on demand. All the regular apps are actually hosted on server and aren't actually on the Q box. If your box hasn't made a successful connection to the server then it won't be able to access the apps. Have you successfully connected it to your broadband via WiFi or ethernet? Have you tried fully rebooting the Q box and your router?

Painlessjm
Topic Author
This message was authored by Painlessjm This message was authored by: Painlessjm

Re: Missing SKY Q Apps even after a new box

Hi there, thanks for the reply. That explains why it is the only one there, Peacock, not technically an app. Yes, I have tried the router reboot, box reboot. Still no luck.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Missing SKY Q Apps even after a new box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @Painlessjm 

 

New boxes are usually not up to date with the latest software etc. 

 

Please I suggest you make your way through this link to check the software verion & apps on the new box :

Software/Apps Update 

Painlessjm
Topic Author
This message was authored by Painlessjm This message was authored by: Painlessjm

Re: Missing SKY Q Apps even after a new box

Hi @SlenderRobert I replied in a new post, forgot how these forums work! Though some extra info, do you know if the Sky Q box needs to be able to receive connections inwards as I have connections IN blocked in the router firewall configuration? Thanks again for the replies.

Painlessjm
Topic Author
This message was authored by Painlessjm This message was authored by: Painlessjm

Re: Missing SKY Q Apps even after a new box

Thanks @nigea99 I tried the software update guide with the old box, forgot to try it with the new box so will have a go and report back. Will also reset the router to remove any firewall rules that may be blocking the sky q box. Thanks for the help and being patient πŸ™‚

Painlessjm
Topic Author
This message was authored by Painlessjm This message was authored by: Painlessjm

Re: Missing SKY Q Apps even after a new box

@nigea99 and @SlenderRobert  tried all the given instructions and for good measure went through the other guides and forum suggestions again and reset the router as additional step. Have triggered another app refresh after all that, so will wait for 24 hours as I read that it may take that long. So fingers crossed and I will update my post in the next day or so and thanks again for the help.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Missing SKY Q Apps even after a new box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Painlessjm wrote:

@nigea99 and @SlenderRobert  tried all the given instructions and for good measure went through the other guides and forum suggestions again and reset the router as additional step. Have triggered another app refresh after all that, so will wait for 24 hours as I read that it may take that long. So fingers crossed and I will update my post in the next day or so and thanks again for the help.


it can take some time - hopefully it will sort itself overnight

 

Can I just check are you now on Q021 software version ?

Painlessjm
Topic Author
This message was authored by Painlessjm This message was authored by: Painlessjm

Re: Missing SKY Q Apps even after a new box

Thanks @nigea99 for the reply, yes, it is the latest software and checked against the firmware list sky has on the help pages as well... It is showing as Q210.000.06.03L.

So will see what happens overnight if anything and report back.

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

Re: Missing SKY Q Apps even after a new box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Painlessjm wrote:

Thanks @nigea99 for the reply, yes, it is the latest software and checked against the firmware list sky has on the help pages as well... It is showing as Q210.000.06.03L.

So will see what happens overnight if anything and report back.


Have you tried using voice control to run an app? E.g. say "play YouTube".  This should run the app & normally the app then appears on the listings.  If this works, you can try the same for the others.

I am just another Sky customer!
Painlessjm
Topic Author
This message was authored by Painlessjm This message was authored by: Painlessjm

Re: Missing SKY Q Apps even after a new box

@Invisiblename gave that a go and getting the "to use this service, you need to upgrade your subscription" message, does not load the app. I do have all the needed subscriptions, does Sky need to fix something at their end? @nigea99 @SlenderRobert still no apps appearing from leaving it overnight. It is an odd issue as catch-up works, downloading next episodes and accessing the self service like my account works, which all use the internet connection, so no idea why Apps is having issues. Thanks for the assistance so far πŸ™‚

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Missing SKY Q Apps even after a new box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Painlessjm wrote:

@Invisiblename gave that a go and getting the "to use this service, you need to upgrade your subscription" message, does not load the app. I do have all the needed subscriptions, does Sky need to fix something at their end? @nigea99 @SlenderRobert still no apps appearing from leaving it overnight. It is an odd issue as catch-up works, downloading next episodes and accessing the self service like my account works, which all use the internet connection, so no idea why Apps is having issues. Thanks for the assistance so far πŸ™‚


Sorry you still have problems. I am not sure what may be causing your problem.

 

I have now escalated your post to SKY who, hopefully, will be in touch.

 

Please see this link re the escalation and what you might see:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

 

If you are using Safari I believe you must make sure that 'Hide IP adress' is not checked in settings to be able to see it - if you have difficulty finding that setting then may be try accessing here with another browser

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Re: Missing SKY Q Apps even after a new box

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to Painlessjm.

Thanks
Tom
Painlessjm
Topic Author
This message was authored by Painlessjm This message was authored by: Painlessjm

Re: Missing SKY Q Apps even after a new box

Currently waiting another 24 hours to see if the apps appear after the app reset and chatting with @Tom-W19 ...If I have sucess, will provide an update.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15 Answer

Re: Missing SKY Q Apps even after a new box

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this chat now as this matter has been resolved. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks.

Reply

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion