Discussion topic: Mini box keeps freezing or losing signal

This message was authored by DaveJBaker This message was authored by: DaveJBaker

Re: Mini box keeps freezing or losing signal

Exactly the same here... something sky has done! Everybody is reporting the same thing. I've had two replacement mini boxes and same symptoms so it is the signal being sent from main box. Main box fine as everyone else is reporting.

This message was authored by Skinner1110 This message was authored by: Skinner1110

I have had one customer service guy and an engineer tell me that this is a known problem with the older main box! After 5 phone calls and 4 weeks later, I finally get an engineer visit. Will let you know if it fixes it it on Friday!

This message was authored by Ameee1 This message was authored by: Ameee1

Hi I've try switching it off. No satellite signal.  Turn off amad on a few time. It's damaged I think 

Amee.

This message was authored by DaveJBaker This message was authored by: DaveJBaker

Ok. Post update here! Think we're all desperate to find out the cause and the remedy! Thanks!

OK

This message was authored by susiea1234 This message was authored by: susiea1234

Exactly the same problem with our mini boxes, which has been getting progressively worse over the last few months. Main box is fine. Live TV on the mini boxes is unwatchable as it freezes so much, but we've found that if we pause it for a minute or two and then play, it works better (although it is so unresponsive to the remote that this can be frustrating). Watching Netflix/Disney+ etc on the mini boxes is also fine, so we know can't be our WiFi connection to the boxes. Will be interested to learn if the engineer says anything useful! 

Interesting. So when paused it buffers and maybe not streaming live from main box... I noticed that too!

This message was authored by CircoW This message was authored by: CircoW

Same issue here with a mini box in my extension. Seems especially bad when watching live sport (which is what I watch mostly). Driving me mad. 
have tried swapping out with another mini box and still suffering the same issue. 

This message was authored by andyfromt-town This message was authored by: andyfromt-town

Really interesting to read so many people have come to these forums with the exact same sounding problem.

we've tried swapping out the mini-box (Was very efficient next day DPD delivery) but disappointing to still have the same problem.

I've got an engineer booked in for next week to hopefully swap the main box (I'm keen to upgrade to HDR compatible and something which isn't 7+ years old!) - hoping this will fix the very frustrating problem with freezing / blue screen resets we currently have with ink between main and mini boxes.

Will report back! Would be good for someone from Sky to confirm this is a known problem and we're going down the right route getting a main SkyQ box replacement/upgrade...

This message was authored by Skinner1110 This message was authored by: Skinner1110

The engineer I spoke to last Friday  before last confirmed that there is a known issue with the older Sky Q boxes (NOT THE MINI BOX). They will be here on Friday to swap out the main box. I will report back here as soon as I know anything.

@Skinner1110 any news on engineer visit and swapping main box and resultant impact on the Mini box issue...????

I havent seen any engineer or new one Wascoming sorry 

Engineer has just left. Replaced main Sky Q box, reset all mini boxes to factory settings. Been watching for 30 mins so far with no blue screen. A couple of minor pauses (1-2 secs), which could be caused by software updates.

Will keep an eye on it and repost back in next day or two, but so far, all seems ok! Fingers crossed!

No ones been here 

Hi 

No one came it still the same. I can't watch normal channels either. It says no satellite signal 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion