Discussion topic: Menu popping up during the shows

This message was authored by Andy67888888 This message was authored by: Andy67888888

Menu popping up during the shows

When watching recordings the bottom menu will randomly appear without warning. This doesn't not happen frequently (about once every 45 minutes) but is still annoying. 

anyone know how to fix this? 

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Menu popping up during the shows

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Andy67888888 wrote:

When watching recordings the bottom menu will randomly appear without warning. This doesn't not happen frequently (about once every 45 minutes) but is still annoying. 

anyone know how to fix this? 

Only two things will bring up the info Bar at the bottom of the screen during playback of a recording @Andy67888888 

• The info button.
  • The Central Select button..

Up button will bring up the Playbar and the Right button brings up Last channel viewed.

See if the Info button or the select button is sticking

Andy67888888
Topic Author
This message was authored by Andy67888888 This message was authored by: Andy67888888

Thanks for your response. I suspected it may be the remote control so I tried watching with the batteries taken out and the menu still pops up. Usually towards the end of tv shows, but it doesn't happen everytime 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

There are a couple of other threads about that coming up "early" suggesting other episodes.

Andy67888888
Topic Author

Any chance you could point me towards these other threads please?

Andy67888888
Topic Author

He we bdx

This message was authored by Junman This message was authored by: Junman

Has there ever been a resolution to this as I have the same issue? Thanks

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

No, it just happens when the hidden metadata that controls these things has been set incorrectly, eg. the closing credits of a programme might start at 55:30 but it has been wrongly set to 45:30 so the banner appears at that time.  There's no solution, you can contact Sky or the broadcaster concerned with specific examples if it really bothers you, they might fix it for future viewers of that programme. 

This message was authored by Junman This message was authored by: Junman

Ah, ok thanks - that explains why when I get to the end of the episode there is no option to move to the next episode. Surprisingly cackhanded (happens in The Last of Us for me) but at least it's clear why it's happening. Thank you.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion