Discussion topic: Linking my Netflix account to Sky.

This message was authored by Kath6161 This message was authored by: Kath6161

Linking my Netflix account to Sky.

I have had a email from Netflix to say I have Netflix on Sky and to link my account on my Sky q box. Sky are only offering Basic Netflix and I have Standard HD with Netflix. Do I have to upgrade with Sky and how much would that be and do that mean I will have a new contract.

If I don't link my account with Sky am I paying for 2 lots of Netflix. 

My TV with Netflix on at the moment does not have Sky on so will I still be able to watch Netflix on that TV if I link my account with Sky.

Thanks in advance for any info. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: Linking my Netflix account to Sky.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kath6161 wrote

hi @nigea99 

I have took a screenshot of my Sky bill that shows what I have. 

The add ons are discovery+ and Sky kids.

We did not want HD TV so have not got Sky HD add on.

Does this help. 

Hi @Kath6161 

Yes  - as you rightly thought, as it stands, you only get Netflix Basic via SKY (SD & 1 screen) -  as you have not yet linked your Netflix account then yes you are paying twice for Netflix currently.

It then depends whether you conisder the adding the HD add on via SKY to get Netflix Standard (HD + 2 screens) better value than keeping your separate Netflix account.

If you do decide to keep your separate Netflix account be careful if you log into Netflix via SKY so that it doesn't suspend your existing account. (it can be done but I don't know exactly how you avoid the migration) 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Kath6161 wrote:

I have had a email from Netflix to say I have Netflix on Sky and to link my account on my Sky q box. Sky are only offering Basic Netflix and I have Standard HD with Netflix. Do I have to upgrade with Sky and how much would that be and do that mean I will have a new contract.

My TV with Netflix on at the moment does not have Sky on so will I still be able to watch Netflix on that TV if I link my account with Sky.

@Kath6161 Hiya with Netflix it depends on what packages you have with Sky, as to how many screens and what resolution you get Netflix in see below

Netflix Basic              Sky Ultimate TV Pack (1 screen) 

Netflix Standard     Sky  Ultimate TV Pack and Sky HD pack (2 Screens)

Netflix Premium      Sky Ultimate TV Pack and Sky HD pack plus Sky UHD Pack  (4 Screens)

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Laing1 wrote:

@Kath6161 wrote:

@Kath6161 Hiya with Netflix it depends on what packages you have with Sky, as to how many screens and what resolution you get Netflix in see below

Netflix Basic              Sky Ultimate TV Pack (1 screen) 

Netflix Standard     Sky  Ultimate TV Pack and Sky HD pack (2 Screens)

Netflix Premium      Sky Ultimate TV Pack and Sky HD pack plus Sky UHD Pack  (4 Screens)

hi @Kath6161  to answer your last question - even if you subscribe to Netflix through SKY you can watch on any device.

BTW The SKY Add ons that @Laing1 mentions of course give access to HD / UHD content on SKY as well as opening up the level for Netflix 

Kath6161
Topic Author

Hi Does that mean if I had Sky HD then I could of had the Standard Hd Netflix from sky. 

If this is the case how can I view HD Channels if having HD was not part of my package. I thought you would have to upgrade your Sky q box.

Sorry for my ignorance if I am talking babble.

Appreciate any info as I'm learing.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Kath6161 wrote:

Hi Does that mean if I had Sky HD then I could of had the Standard Hd Netflix from sky. 

If this is the case how can I view HD Channels if having HD was not part of my package. I thought you would have to upgrade your Sky q box.

Sorry for my ignorance if I am talking babble.

Appreciate any info as I'm learing.

hi @Kath6161 

I am not too sure what you have or been offered.

It is slightly confusing as the subscription for Netflix via SKY is a standard flat amount - the level of Netflix then depends on whether you have (or take out) the SKY  add ons

If then you already have the SKY HD add on (or take it out) then in addition to being to watch SKY in HD you also get the upgrade of Netflix to Netflix Standard 

BTW as regards the Satellite channels some channels such as BBC , ITV are in HD even without the HD addon but others (including SKY channels) need the HD add on to watch in HD

Hope this makes sense - if not ask about what is not clear for you 

Kath6161
Topic Author

Screenshot_20230504-181559.jpg

hi @nigea99 

Does this help. 

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

@Kath6161 wrote

hi @nigea99 

Does this help. 

Hi @Kath6161 

Yes  - as you rightly thought, as it stands, you only get Netflix Basic via SKY (SD & 1 screen) -  as you have not yet linked your Netflix account then yes you are paying twice for Netflix currently.

It then depends whether you conisder the adding the HD add on via SKY to get Netflix Standard (HD + 2 screens) better value than keeping your separate Netflix account.

If you do decide to keep your separate Netflix account be careful if you log into Netflix via SKY so that it doesn't suspend your existing account. (it can be done but I don't know exactly how you avoid the migration) 

Kath6161
Topic Author

@nigea99  Thank you so much for your help. Very much appreciated.

This message was authored by Ebbsway111 This message was authored by: Ebbsway111

I need to link my Netflix account to sky to get it working. I was previously using my daughters account but it nolonger works. I have my own Netflix account 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion