Discussion topic: Itv x app, flashing and black screen ad breaks.

This message was authored by Stniuk This message was authored by: Stniuk

Itv x app, flashing and black screen ad breaks.

The shows I've watched are playing but the ad breaks are terrible. I don't mind them having ad breaks it's the screen flashing at the start and at the end. Sometimes there's no ads and it just flashes, black screen then the flashing again. So annoying.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley Answer

Re: Itv x app, flashing and black screen ad breaks.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Probably it clumsily splicing in ads (which seem to be very low res)

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@StniukYes mine does that as well, very annoying, I assume it is so that we pay for the premium version which does not have adds. Fine with live TV even adds but there is little point in using it for live TV.

I don't have the app on my smart TV but if you have does it do it on your TV as well if not it must be the way Sky/ITV have implemented it.

This message was authored by mappion This message was authored by: mappion

Hi @Stniuk and @bob1234 

Think it is probably down to the ITVX app itself and as bob1234 says ITV wanting you to upgrade to the paid for version through them.

Happens to me and even through a Firestick as well. Havn't got it on my smart Sony TV, but casting it from an Ipad to the TV as suggested by Sony still gives the same result. Seems to be a rather flakey app to me in general. Perhaps when newer versions arrive it might improve.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley Answer

Probably it clumsily splicing in ads (which seem to be very low res)

Stniuk
Topic Author
This message was authored by Stniuk This message was authored by: Stniuk

I tried the itv x app on the Apple TV and there was no flashing or blank screens.

This message was authored by Tibicar This message was authored by: Tibicar

18 months later and it's still crap. I'm binge watching Grace and at least once every 2 hour episode I have to go back to sky and back into itv x again. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion