Discussion topic: Issue with "Waiting for Schedule" several time a week.

This message was authored by Ray+Keenan This message was authored by: Ray+Keenan

Re: Issue with "Waiting for Schedule" several time a week.

Only two channels have updated their EPG for next Wednesday: ITV1 and 5Action- just those two, all the others are 'waiting for tv schedule'- which is weird, I had something similar happen a few weeks ago. Another (temporary) reboot on the cards for me then 🙄

This message was authored by Ray+Keenan This message was authored by: Ray+Keenan

And again. 

EPG is awaiting tv schedule from 1pm next Saturday this time. 🙄

Its starting to be a twice weekly reboot for me. Once a week rebooting is a pain on the bum but now it's turning into twice weekly and I suppose before long it'll be more than that. Apart from this my Q box works perfectly-  it seems that at least weekly it's not receiving the relevant information for the EPG to update. It's not affecting everyone as the non stacking/blank tiles issue didn't affect everyone. Can someone please ask someone to investigate the possibility that the meta data issue that affected the non-stacking/blank tiles issue could possibly affect the EPG not updating regularly? 

Greytide17
Topic Author
This message was authored by Greytide17 This message was authored by: Greytide17

I have the same issue with the stacking of tiles. I don't know if they are related but it certainly needs investigating.

I had the occasional issue back when the issue first started with shows from two or three channels being all over the planner rather than in near little stacks. Since then it's happened just once with a BBC1 show and that was just blank tiles. I know a few customers have been plagued by this issue and I think the explanation was down to meta data and as I sort of understand it, meta data is needed for information to be sent via the box regarding programme information etc so that suggests perhaps the meta data  needed to send information to update the EPG isn't, for some reason, being received properly in some boxes in a similar way as to why some customers are having real problems with the non stacking/ blank tiles issues and some are barely affected at all. I don't know if that could be a thing but it'd be nice if someone who DOES know how this stuff works would take a look and see if it's a possibility? 

Right now I have three channels on my EPG that have updated for next Saturday: BBC2, ITV1 and 5Action so will be rebooting this box for the millionth time for it to temporarily resolve, shortly. 

Greytide17
Topic Author
This message was authored by Greytide17 This message was authored by: Greytide17

That's useful information, thanks. I just wish someone from SKY would take a good look into this or at least take it seriously. 

This message was authored by Jemamillie This message was authored by: Jemamillie

No tv channels it says waiting for tv schedule,yet connection and signal are ok

Waiting for tv schedule yet connection and signal are good ,been like it for 2 days now can someone help

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: No tv channels it says waiting for tv schedule,yet connection and signal are ok

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jemamillie  Have you unplugeed the Sky Q box from the wall for a minute or so then plug it back in?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Greytide17
Topic Author

AND AGAIN. This is really annoying as I don't get scheduled recordings when the EPG goes. 

Greytide17
Topic Author

Re: No tv channels it says waiting for tv schedule,yet connection and signal are ok

If you look at the thread, we have been doing that as the easiest way to get it back but it just keeps happening. We have tried a system reet but that doesn't cure it either. There is an aiisu with the EPG updating. We are on the latest software.

This message was authored by barneyman2002 This message was authored by: barneyman2002

Just to add my voice to this issue, been happening for weeks, with the same issues and temporary fixes as mentioned above.

This message was authored by Yimpy This message was authored by: Yimpy

We have this problem more frequently and it impacts the extra mini boxes we have around the house.  I know it's not a fix but a workaround.

I've purchased a smart plug and plugged the main sky a box into that.  That way I can switch off the box using an app without having to reach into the cupboard it's stored in.  Also programmed it so I can tell Alexa to switch off, then on.

wonder if it's worth creating a smart schedule that switches it off at 4am and then back on at 4;15 a few days a week.

Only partially updated for me tonight. It might fully update later but it probably won't. Would love to go past a week between reboots. I remember we when it used to be *months* between reboots- those were the days 😉

Oh it's electronic ears must've  been burning because all of a sudden the box updated properly. Phew! (for now!)

Well it's electronic ears are not burning tonight- 'waiting for tv schedule' across all but two channels tonight. 🙄

Greytide17
Topic Author

Yet again. I am really fed up with Sky fort not even attempting to address this problem. COME ON SKY. DO YOUR JOB.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion