Discussion topic: Issue with "Waiting for Schedule" several time a week.

This message was authored by Ray+Keenan This message was authored by: Ray+Keenan

Re: Issue with "Waiting for Schedule" several time a week.

A week later and guess what...yeah 'waiting for tv schedule' across every channel (except strangely ITV1) from 7pm next Tuesday which means my series links at 9pm this evening will not pick up. Can't even get past seven days and no one seems interested in investigating. I guess I'll be rebooting the box again later this evening for another seven days maybe? Who knows these days 🙄

Greytide17
Topic Author
This message was authored by Greytide17 This message was authored by: Greytide17

Come on Sky, at least give some indication that you are taking this seriously as an issue. It seems to be widespread.

This message was authored by Q-tips This message was authored by: Q-tips

According to my Sky engineer last week, since my satellite and network connections were all impeccable, this is a sign of a box failing. Mine was ony 4 years old but that, apparently, is about their lifespan. He swapped out my box for a 32B12C a week ago and I haven't seen this issue since.

--------------------
32B12C 2TB UHD Q box • Mini boxes x2 (32D0B2) • 2022 LG C2 OLED TV • Software vQ230.000.14.00L • Gigaclear gigabit FTTH broadband (935Mbps up/down) • Linksys Velop tri-band router; 3 mesh nodes • All Q boxes fully Cat6 hardwired • Q wi-fi disabled • Q picture/audio processing disabled (no sound bar) • Pixellation cured by Q170 but back again with Q190 and now every few minutes with Q210 and Q220 live broadcasts and recordings on all boxes
This message was authored by Ray+Keenan This message was authored by: Ray+Keenan

Another week another box reboot in my immediate future as once more every single channel on my EPG is 'waiting for tv schedule' from 6.30pm next Wednesday which means none of my series links for tonight for next Wednesday will pick up. I thought perhaps the software update would perhaps address this very annoying issue but I thought wrong.  What a pain in the backside this is 🙄 Wish someone would sort out a permanent fix for this issue 

Not even 24 hours and once more 'waiting for tv schedule' across every channel forum 7pm next Thursday 🙄🙄🙄

And again. Not even getting a week before this problem reoccurs. 

Need a permanent solution to this as all other 'fixes' are temporary. 

Anyone  connected to Sky even remotely interested why this happens and keeps happening?

Greytide17
Topic Author
This message was authored by Greytide17 This message was authored by: Greytide17

It has just happened again to me. Total wipe out of schedules and they don't come back without a reboot. Come on SKY. Please sort it out.

This message was authored by ProximusAl This message was authored by: ProximusAl

Hasn't happened to me yet since the new Q22 firmware. Are you guys running that?

Greytide17
Topic Author

I have just noticed that I have had an upgrade to Q220.  Don't know when that happened but it must only have been in the last day or so. Is there a list of what has changed anywhere?

Mine updated to the latest software week before last. Had to reboot the main box twice as I lost the picture tiles on each channel and the EPG didn't update at all (one day had half the EPG and nothing else, just a blue screen) then my son's mini box had a message to pair the viewing card, which I did and I had a week of perfect EPG updating until last week and the error has reoccurred three times since then so the software hasn't fixed this issue for me.

For whatever reason some boxes don't seem to be receiving the relevant information to update their EPG consistently and I do think it's all connected to the missing tiles/non-stacking issues that some but not all customers have been having- I know this EPG issue got significantly worse for me since last October when all of that started being reported here. 

(As I type this, my box has all of a sudden updated it's EPG so I think it's electronic ears must've been burning 😉)

And again I'm 'waiting for tv schedule' across all channels and it's a Wednesday. Same thing happened last Wednesday (and Thursday)  AND the Wednesday before that too. 

Software is up to date 

Main box and two minis set to Eco

Box reboot temporarily resolves as the problem repeats days later

Hidden menu option- same result

Mine is a 2tb box and it's over five years old now. Apart from this annoying EPG issue, it works perfectly otherwise, no issues with downloading, live pause, fast forward, etc. 

Maybe a new box will be what we need however I have a feeling it won't solve the issue. If more people reported it, maybe someone at Sky tech dept will investigate.

This message was authored by ProximusAl This message was authored by: ProximusAl

Just had it again for me since the latest software update. This is getting beyond annoying 

This week my EPG has updated very late but not tonight. I have the annoying 'waiting for tv schedule' across every channel from 6.30pm next Friday evening so none of my series links for next week have picked up or will be picked up until I reboot the box for the 'I've lost count' how many times later this evening. I honestly don't know what to do because it would seem as because only a few people have been reporting the issue and not a lot of people then Sky do not seem interested in investigating why this is happening or looking for  a permanent solution to the issue 🙄

Another Wednesday and another 'waiting for tv schedule' message across every channel from 6.30pm next Wednesday which means my series links for next week won't have picked up necessitating ANOTHER box reboot. Not even going seven days between reboots now. Tiresome and boring now 😑🥱

Greytide17
Topic Author

And again, there really is an issue here SKY. 

Please can someone investigate as it seems to occur for multiple customers on a regular basis.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion