Discussion topic: Is the any way to be able to watch 'normal' TV on my mini whilst I wait for my replacement Q box?

This message was authored by ElleJ This message was authored by: ElleJ

Is the any way to be able to watch 'normal' TV on my mini whilst I wait for my replacement Q box?

My Sky Q box has been found to be faulty so a new one is being sent out.  It might not be with me for 5 days and that means we've no TV apart from the room with the faulty Qbox is in (and they only 'normal' TV, nothing else works on it).        The mini box in mum's lounge wont' let her view anything - even 'normal' TV as it just says 'no satellite signal'  - we've gone through all the resets etc....      She's elderly and relies on her TV - and is upset at not having any TV at all for 5 days.      We don't have Sky broadband (we're with EE) and we don't have an aeriel (just Sky satellite dish).    Mum's TV is capable of free view I believe... but even when I change output from HDMI to 'TV' it just says no programmes are available...    Can anyone help with a solution as to any way I can get TV working for her?

Best Answers
ElleJ
Topic Author
This message was authored by ElleJ This message was authored by: ElleJ Answer

Re: Is the any way to be able to watch 'normal' TV on my mini whilst I wait for my replacement Q bo

Ah amazing news - My new Sky Q box arrives today!   So pleased as I can get mum set up now rather than her having to just listen to radio for a week. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Is the any way to be able to watch 'normal' TV on my mini whilst I wait for my replacement Q bo

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ElleJ  You mini can't work without the main Q box as it is the main Q  box that feeds the mini it's content.

You only real option is to invest in a outdoor TV aerial (indoor may work if you are very close to the transmitter) to get the available freeview channels.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

ElleJ
Topic Author
This message was authored by ElleJ This message was authored by: ElleJ

Ah that's a pain  - was hoping there was SOME way.... as The Sky Q box shows all connections are fine to mini box and to broadband.. (even though it's faulty in terms of now only showing us 'normal' TV)

ElleJ
Topic Author
This message was authored by ElleJ This message was authored by: ElleJ Answer

Ah amazing news - My new Sky Q box arrives today!   So pleased as I can get mum set up now rather than her having to just listen to radio for a week. 

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ElleJ wrote:

Assuming this is a DPD doorstep swap, don't forget to keep the viewing card from your faulty box to put in the new box. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion