Discussion topic: Is Sky Sports F1 still broadcast on Standard Definition

This message was authored by bpr137 This message was authored by: bpr137

Is Sky Sports F1 still broadcast on Standard Definition

I can't find Sky Sports F1 anymore in standard definition. I can find it in HD however

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Is Sky Sports F1 still broadcast on Standard Definition

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@bpr137 wrote:
I can't find Sky Sports F1 anymore in standard definition. I can find it in HD however

hi @bpr137 No longer in SD in the UK  (as with other SKY Sports channels)

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@bpr137 

SD transmission of Sky Sports channels ceased at the end of May (apart from Sports News and Sports Mix, thanks to these forums)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by no-thank-you This message was authored by: no-thank-you

It may not be in the EPG but it is broadacst. I have an Sky+ HD box, but reception on the normal HD channel is 50/50 and unusable, so I watch it in SD.

Go into Services, Options, ADD CHANNELS. Enter the following settings:  11934 V, 27500 5/6. From the list of channels add/select SkySP F1, 

Then you can watch it using Other Channels, but I haven't figured out how to record it.

Same seems to apply to other sports channels, not sure (I don't have a sub).

Peter,

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@no-thank-you wrote:

It may not be in the EPG but it is broadacst. I have an Sky+ HD box, but reception on the normal HD channel is 50/50 and unusable, so I watch it in SD.

Go into Services, Options, ADD CHANNELS. Enter the following settings:  11934 V, 27500 5/6. From the list of channels add/select SkySP F1, 

Then you can watch it using Other Channels, but I haven't figured out how to record it.

Peter,

Yes the SD channels are still actually broadcast as Ireland does not have the HD versions as standard like the UK does. They were just removed from the EPG in the UK

Unfortunately you can't record on SKY Q from manually added channels & it might be the same on the HD boxes (it is 7+ years since I had one so can't remember)  

This message was authored by no-thank-you This message was authored by: no-thank-you

@nigea99 wrote:

@no-thank-you wrote:

Peter,

Yes the SD channels are still actually broadcast as Ireland does not have the HD versions as standard like the UK does. They were just removed from the EPG in the UK

Unfortunately you can't record on SKY Q from manually added channels & it might be the same on the HD boxes (it is 7+ years since I had one so can't remember)  

... but you can use the on-demand service  to download in either HD or SD it if you're not fussed about "live".

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion