Discussion topic: Irritating background noise on Soccer Saturday

This message was authored by Eils546 This message was authored by: Eils546

Irritating background noise on Soccer Saturday

Is the background noise on Sky Sports Soccer Saturday ch409 annoying anyone else. When they go over to a live preview. I can hear a low but very irritating thump thump and music in the background. It isn't from the ground as it's the same noise at each report. I know some noises bother me more than they do some other people but I can't understand why this annoying noise is needed. Is there someone I could contact at Sky about this?

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Irritating background noise on Soccer Saturday

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Eils546 

I've been watching GSS on Sky Sports News since it started at 1400. I've not heard anything like that. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Eils546
Topic Author

It only seems to be there before the games kick-off and when they go over for the match previews. 

It really irritates me but my elderly dad can only just hear it so isn't bothered by it. I do think his hearing isn't what it was but that mine is maybe too sensitive. I have seen a similar post but that is from late 2022. I only seem to have noticed it since the start of this season. I guess I just need to leave the room until 3pm!

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Eils546 

Next week perhaps try watching GSS on another channel if you can and see if it's the same. The EPG suggests it's also on 402 and well as 409. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Eils546
Topic Author

Thank you. I'll try that. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion