Discussion topic: I’m getting error MR204 coming up on my sky Q box’s.. any ideas how to resolve

This message was authored by AmarLitt This message was authored by: AmarLitt

I’m getting error MR204 coming up on my sky Q box’s.. any ideas how to resolve

I’m getting error MR204 coming up on my sky Q box’s.. any ideas how to resolve

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: I’m getting error MR204 coming up on my sky Q box’s.. any ideas how to resolve

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AmarLitt 

Have you tried rebooting your main Sky Q box, then when that's back up and running doing the same to your mini box(es)? 

Use remote - place main box into standby
Switch box off at plug for at least 30 seconds
Switch back on at plug
Follow on screen prompts
When screen goes black and blue circle on box stops pulsating wait another 30 seconds
Press the 🏠 button on your remote

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
AmarLitt
Topic Author

Re: I’m getting error MR204 coming up on my sky Q box’s.. any ideas how to resolve

Hi, Iv reset both main box & sky mini , it works for 15 seconds then the error page comes up again & same error code, I did this 5 times with the same out come ..? Any ideas..? As the Wi-Fi in the area went down last week for  24 hours & since then iv had same problem, I have 2 sky mini box’s & both are doing the same fault with same error code, could be the ip Adress has changed..? Any ideas is it's very frustrating..?

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Wifi itself doesn't go down in an area, it's local to your house or router. Did the internet service go down (an exchange fault perhaps?) That shouldn't affect Sky devices longer term.

Which ISP are you with?

AmarLitt
Topic Author

Ok, iv reset it all again still sane issue, It works for 30 seconds then loses signal .. any ideas why im losing signal..?

AmarLitt
Topic Author

IMG_8359.jpeg

AmarLitt
Topic Author

I have intermittent fault, tv works for 2 minutes then goes of wit connection issue but then comes on again by itself , dobe all resets..?

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@Chodley wrote:

Which ISP are you with?

This message was authored by 3seat This message was authored by: 3seat

Did anyone find a solution to this? We have a main Sky Q box and two mini boxes. Main box and one mini work fine but I'm getting this MR204 error message on the other no matter what I try

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion