I keep having to reset my Sky Q box to be recognised by my TV

Camera Assistant
Post 106 of 210

Re: I keep having to reset my Sky Q box to be recognised by my TV

@Podgerr wrote:

Thanks for posting the video. That is exactly what has been happening to me, even the few seconds of audio after I put the Q into standby. I was blaming my new soundbar from Samsung and was almost returning it for a new one.

No problem, so it's reported happening with Denon amps, Sony amps , LG soundbars and Samsung soundbars.. Surely that has to be further evidence it's the sky q box at fault I mean what's the likelihood of all those other devices being faulty, negligible I would say...

Out of interest how is it triggered when using a soundbar, same as an amp is switching it on to an input other than the one the sky q box is connected to?

Researcher
Post 107 of 210

@zAndy12 wrote:

@Podgerr wrote:

Thanks for posting the video. That is exactly what has been happening to me, even the few seconds of audio after I put the Q into standby. I was blaming my new soundbar from Samsung and was almost returning it for a new one.

No problem, so it's reported happening with Denon amps, Sony amps , LG soundbars and Samsung soundbars.. Surely that has to be further evidence it's the sky q box at fault I mean what's the likelihood of all those other devices being faulty, negligible I would say...

Out of interest how is it triggered when using a soundbar, same as an amp is switching it on to an input other than the one the sky q box is connected to?

Yea watching is fine until I change inputs. I have Sky Q going through Samsung N950 soundbar hdmi 1 and 4k dvd player hdmi 2. Arc then out of soundbar to LG Tv.

What I find generally helps is if I know Im changing source from Sky to watch a DVD or netflix/youtube on the Tv, I put the Q box into standby. Wait for about 10 secs and then choose my other source. Then whenever im switching back to Sky I select the input which is hdmi 1, wait again for about 10secs and then power up the Q box. I still have to reboot the Q box from time to time, but nowhere near the amount of times I use to before I started doing this. Try yourself to see if it helps.

Boom Operator
Post 108 of 210

Yeah, the system above is the system I have adopted. Problem is trying to explain this to the kids! We shouldn't have to settle for a work around though. It should just work. It's been over 48 hours now since I submitted my complaint. I'll set aside an hour tomorrow at lunch to call Sky. 

Researcher
Post 109 of 210

@Jimb0tr0n wrote:

Yeah, the system above is the system I have adopted. Problem is trying to explain this to the kids! We shouldn't have to settle for a work around though. It should just work. It's been over 48 hours now since I submitted my complaint. I'll set aside an hour tomorrow at lunch to call Sky. 

I know the feeling! I have cold sweats everytime the children pick up the Tv remote  as i frantically try to power down the Q box first haha

Boom Operator
Post 110 of 210

@Podgerr wrote:

@zAndy12 wrote:

@Podgerr wrote:

Yea watching is fine until I change inputs. I have Sky Q going through Samsung N950 soundbar hdmi 1 and 4k dvd player hdmi 2. Arc then out of soundbar to LG Tv.

What I find generally helps is if I know Im changing source from Sky to watch a DVD or netflix/youtube on the Tv, I put the Q box into standby. Wait for about 10 secs and then choose my other source. Then whenever im switching back to Sky I select the input which is hdmi 1, wait again for about 10secs and then power up the Q box. I still have to reboot the Q box from time to time, but nowhere near the amount of times I use to before I started doing this. Try yourself to see if it helps.

Nice to see that my workaround is helping people with a different set-up than my Sony tv / 1080 amp.

Camera Operator
Post 111 of 210

Not been on here for awhile. But thank god ive found this post. I’ve got a LG 50UH661V 4K tv with Sky Q 2TB box and mini upstairs. This happens every single day in my house. I’ve had enough of the whole system tbh. I’m just sick and tired of resetting the box on a daily basis to get it to work. I’ve tried HDMI control on/off new cables etc and this happens regardless. I’ve had a tv company through my insurance test the tv for 3 weeks and it came back with no faults. This has been going on for at least 6 months. I’ve seen that it happens after a PS3/4 has been on but it happens to me first thing in the morning when the box has been on standby mode or after the my PS4 has been on. Nothing I’ve done has changed anything. I phone Sky up and they seem to nothing about this issue. Rant over 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Researcher
Post 112 of 210

Feeling any better now?!🤣 (I know exactly what you mean)

Panasonic TX65-DX902B 4k 10bit FALD
Sony STR-DN1080 AVR
KEF Q750 Q650C Q350
KEF Kube2 10b Sub
Sony PS4 Pro
Sony UBP-X800 4K UHD Player
Camera Operator
Post 113 of 210

I will when this issue has been fixed. I’ve got an engineer visit soon. Great a new V2 box with the same problem 🙄😂🙄

Oracle
Post 114 of 210

@McGrath1982 wrote:

Not been on here for awhile. But thank god ive found this post. I’ve got a LG 50UH661V 4K tv with Sky Q 2TB box and mini upstairs. This happens every single day in my house. I’ve had enough of the whole system tbh. I’m just sick and tired of resetting the box on a daily basis to get it to work. I’ve tried HDMI control on/off new cables etc and this happens regardless. I’ve had a tv company through my insurance test the tv for 3 weeks and it came back with no faults. This has been going on for at least 6 months. I’ve seen that it happens after a PS3/4 has been on but it happens to me first thing in the morning when the box has been on standby mode or after the my PS4 has been on. Nothing I’ve done has changed anything. I phone Sky up and they seem to nothing about this issue. Rant over 🤬🤬🤬🤬

@McGrath1982 you say your problem is always first thing in the morning ?? Something to try with your LG TV  look in TV settings  > programme > programme tuning and settings > programme list update set this to off.

I didn't realise that  this set to on the TV searches for updates and sets live TV as the last thing to be used so the TV gets to go to that when it's turned on. I also found that having Eco mode enabled helped with this as well.

Worth a try 

I may have an Oracle badge but i'm still just a customer

imagebam.com

imagebam.com

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, Sky Q Hub, all connected by wifi
Sky Boxset, multiscreen/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
Sky Fibre Unlimited, LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV
Camera Operator
Post 115 of 210

@Laing1 Thanks for the information I’ve done that so I’ll keep an eye on it. 👍🏻

Oracle
Post 116 of 210

@McGrath1982 wrote:

@Laing1 Thanks for the information I’ve done that so I’ll keep an eye on it. 👍🏻

@McGrath1982 no problems let us know how you get on  😀😀😀

I may have an Oracle badge but i'm still just a customer

imagebam.com

imagebam.com

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, Sky Q Hub, all connected by wifi
Sky Boxset, multiscreen/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
Sky Fibre Unlimited, LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV
Camera Assistant
Post 117 of 210

Ok so I've just had the engineer round to look at this problem, we tried 

a) doing another software update and reset of the box

b) using a different input on the amp

c) turning hdmi control off and on 

d) a brand new V2 box

Nothing solved it , the new box did exactly the same as my current box (so he left me with my original box as it's clearly not a hardware issue). He's reported the software fault and made a note of all my kit and said Sky will do tests with the ultimate aim of fixing it in a future software update 

So there , no faulty hard drive , no hardware problem at all but a software problem confirmed by the engineer . Thank you , Sky over to you....

Boom Operator
Post 118 of 210

Thank you for your feedback. I am still waiting for a response from Sky after I submitted a complaint. 

Camera Assistant
Post 119 of 210

@McGrath1982 wrote:

Have you tried using a HDMI CEC blocking connector or the Sky Q HDMI cable as even with HDMI control disabled on the Sky Q box it still appears to react to CEC signal from other equipement

Camera Operator
Post 120 of 210

@Phrim@I’ll have to have a look at getting one. As with the information from this post. As well as changing things in the settings from help I’ve had,  it’s happened twice today already.  Hopefully this will get fixed ASAP as it’s annoying as hell 🤬