I keep having to reset my Sky Q box to be recognised by my TV

Boom Operator
Post 61 of 227

Re: I keep having to reset my Sky Q box to be recognised by my TV

@JayCW wrote:

@zebman101 wrote:

Engineer came today and replaced box and haven't got the black screen back yet, I noticed that the box doesn't have the new firmware on it yet, is there any way to stop the auto update as I have a bad feeling that it's going to update over night and bring back the black screen problem with it?

Thanks for the info.  Would be good to know if the issue starts after the firmware on your box is updated   I was not aware of the issue before the last update.  I have the V2 (external power supply) box.

I have same box, it didn't update yet, the current firmware on it is Q071.000.29.00L (4x4gj4k)

Oracle
Post 62 of 227

@zebman101 it would be sensible to force an update in the Settings/details go to the right of the firmware version - running old firmware can cause issues.

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
Boom Operator
Post 63 of 227

@Chrisee ok thanks didn't think it would cause issues, I'll do a manual update then.what issues can it cause?

Oracle
Post 64 of 227

Hopefully none 🤞

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
Boom Operator
Post 65 of 227

Tried a Lindy CEC less inline adaptor today. Unfortunately can still 100% reproduce the issue so I wasted my money. If the sky Q box is on and you change the HDMI input then when going back to the sky Q box there is just a blank screen.  The box has to be rebooted to restore the display.  When the sky Q box is not displaying it still functions.   As has been already said when the box is turned off the audio outputs for a few seconds before the led turns amber.

So in my case the sky box must be turned off before switching the HDMI input.

l am hoping Sky acknowledge this as an issue and offer a permanent fix.

Sound Supervisor
Post 66 of 227

I have twice had the same problem since the Q080 update - exactly the same symptoms, black screen, no audio; audio outputs briefly if set to standby.

Display can be recovered by plugging in a different monitor, which then puts the Sky Q into 1080i mode.

It is not consistent in what triggers it - e.g. I can switch to/from the hdmi port without an issue.

Prior to Q080, I had ZERO problems with the display set to UHD for 3-4 months since the box was installed.

Researcher
Post 67 of 227

Spoiler
well thank god im not the only one, im having same issue as when ive finished playing x box, i switch the input from my amp, sony str 1080, not had any issues since the newest firmware, so im having to power down the qbox at the wall then restart it, have sky admitted theres an issue, i have an engineer coming out monday but will cancell as i dont think he will be able to do anything. 
Researcher
Post 68 of 227

is this a v2 box issue?

Boom Operator
Post 69 of 227

@damohelen wrote:

is this a v2 box issue?

I have the issue with the V2 box

Boom Operator
Post 70 of 227

@damohelen wrote:
Spoiler
well thank god im not the only one, im having same issue as when ive finished playing x box, i switch the input from my amp, sony str 1080, not had any issues since the newest firmware, so im having to power down the qbox at the wall then restart it, have sky admitted theres an issue, i have an engineer coming out monday but will cancell as i dont think he will be able to do anything. 

I am not aware of any formal response from Sky. Best of luck on Monday. It would be good if you could post the the outcome. Another post did mention a replacement box fixing the issue although it was supplied with the previous firmware revision.

Researcher
Post 71 of 227

touch wood ours has been ok since i swapped the hdmi leads on tv from arc 

Sound Supervisor
Post 72 of 227

@shepala wrote:

touch wood ours has been ok since i swapped the hdmi leads on tv from arc 

Glad my tip worked for you😁. It’s all about Sky’s implementation of HDMI on the Q box. 

Camera Assistant
Post 73 of 227

Having the exact same problems as described in the last few pages, and it's all very well saying 'well my box is fine so it can't be the firmware' sorry but that's nonsense, all depends how things are configured. For anyone that's not having any problems how have you got your box connected to your TV and what TV is it? 

Executive Producer
Post 74 of 227

@zAndy12 wrote:

Having the exact same problems as described in the last few pages, and it's all very well saying 'well my box is fine so it can't be the firmware' sorry but that's nonsense, all depends how things are configured. For anyone that's not having any problems how have you got your box connected to your TV and what TV is it? 

V1 box connected to soundbox out of soundbox into LG B7 HDMI port 1. No problems 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Oracle
Post 75 of 227

@zAndy12 wrote:

@zAndy12 V2 box connected direct to a  LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV  no problems here either

I may have an Oracle badge but i'm still just a customer

imagebam.com

imagebam.com

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, Sky Q Hub, all connected by wifi
Sky Boxset, multiscreen/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
Sky Fibre Unlimited, LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV
Recommended Threads
2 minutes ago 02:59 PM
7 minutes ago 02:54 PM
8 minutes ago 02:53 PM
15 minutes ago 02:46 PM
16 minutes ago 02:45 PM