I keep having to reset my Sky Q box to be recognised by my TV

Boom Operator
Post 46 of 227

Re: I keep having to reset my Sky Q box to be recognised by my TV

Hmmm

Since kicking off here over the weekend, everything has been fine on Sunday and today.

Ill leave the appt set up for Saturday to see if the problem occurs again.

Researcher
Post 47 of 227

OMG 

i have EXACTLY the same issues......

doing my bloody head in

reset the box 2-3 times every day!

Bathroom man
Researcher
Post 48 of 227

OMG 

i have EXACTLY the same issues......

doing my head in

reset the box 2-3 times every day!

Bathroom man
Sound Supervisor
Post 49 of 227

Me too with an LG C8. I have found it’s less problematic for me plugging the SkyQ box into the TV using a non-arc supporting HDMI input. 

On my TV that is the HDMI 2 input. 

Researcher
Post 50 of 227

that’s worth a try my lg is connected to arc and have to turn box  on and off to get a signal most days

Boom Operator
Post 51 of 227

I have an XE9005 with 1080 amp. TV, Blu-Ray player, and PlayStation all wired to amp using HDMI, then HDMI back up to HDMI 3 ARC on tv. Had Sky Q installed last week and discovered I had exactly the same problem. Tried disabling sync on tv/amp and hdmi control on Q box to no avail. After trying a few things, I seem to have found the answer.

1 - Before changing any inputs, put Sky Q box into standby.

2 - Change input with 1080 remote.

3 - To change back, press Sat/CaTV on 1080 remote.

4 - Press input button on tv remote. ( It will probably still be on HDMI 3 ARC, but re-select it anyway).

5 - Bring Sky Q box back out of standby.

Researcher
Post 52 of 227

Come on Sky!

There are two threads with multiple people reporting the same problem. Sadly now, me too.

You’ve screwed up the Q box with the latest update. Please, as a matter of urgency, rollback to the previous firmware.

Listen to your customers!!

Oracle
Post 53 of 227

@Willip wrote:

Come on Sky!

There are two threads with multiple people reporting the same problem. Sadly now, me too.

You’ve screwed up the Q box with the latest update. Please, as a matter of urgency, rollback to the previous firmware.

Listen to your customers!!

Sky won't roll back the firmware as most customers including myself have no issues with the latest update. 

New Viewer
Post 54 of 227

Having the same problem out of nowhere. Have an engineer coming on Thursday. Hopefully will get sorted. Having to switch it on and off again every day is really getting to me now lol.

Oracle
Post 55 of 227

@Carriedoll wrote:

Having the same problem out of nowhere. Have an engineer coming on Thursday. Hopefully will get sorted. Having to switch it on and off again every day is really getting to me now lol.

I can imagine it's very frustrating. 

Sound Supervisor
Post 56 of 227

@Carriedoll wrote:

Good luck @Carriedoll - keep us posted. I’ve pushed my engineer visit back a couple of weeks again.  Trouble I have found with this particular issue (one of a couple) is that it’s not 💯 repeatable for me. 

Boom Operator
Post 57 of 227

@Jinty+McGinty wrote:

I have an XE9005 with 1080 amp. TV, Blu-Ray player, and PlayStation all wired to amp using HDMI, then HDMI back up to HDMI 3 ARC on tv. Had Sky Q installed last week and discovered I had exactly the same problem. Tried disabling sync on tv/amp and hdmi control on Q box to no avail. After trying a few things, I seem to have found the answer.

1 - Before changing any inputs, put Sky Q box into standby.

2 - Change input with 1080 remote.

3 - To change back, press Sat/CaTV on 1080 remote.

4 - Press input button on tv remote. ( It will probably still be on HDMI 3 ARC, but re-select it anyway).

5 - Bring Sky Q box back out of standby.

This is working for me at the moment too. I have also disabled HDMI control on the Sky Q box. It is a bit more of a faff that we should not have to do. Would be nice if it gets fixed on a future update.

Boom Operator
Post 58 of 227

I too have left HDMI control disabled on Sky Q box.  I’m just thankful that the box has no trouble coming out of standby, unlike some other posts.  I switch on the TV/AMP with the Sony remote, then the Sky Q box after that.

Boom Operator
Post 59 of 227

Engineer came today and replaced box and haven't got the black screen back yet, I noticed that the box doesn't have the new firmware on it yet, is there any way to stop the auto update as I have a bad feeling that it's going to update over night and bring back the black screen problem with it?

Boom Operator
Post 60 of 227

@zebman101 wrote:

Engineer came today and replaced box and haven't got the black screen back yet, I noticed that the box doesn't have the new firmware on it yet, is there any way to stop the auto update as I have a bad feeling that it's going to update over night and bring back the black screen problem with it?

Thanks for the info.  Would be good to know if the issue starts after the firmware on your box is updated   I was not aware of the issue before the last update.  I have the V2 (external power supply) box.