I keep having to reset my Sky Q box to be recognised by my TV

Boom Operator
Post 31 of 227

Re: I keep having to reset my Sky Q box to be recognised by my TV

I am having exactly the same problem described above. Exactly. I have had sky q for about 18 months, got a new box about a month ago and have have not touched any of the wires etc, then this problem seems to have developed this week, there was an update the other day, is this software related? Prior yo this week everything worked flawlessly. 

Boom Operator
Post 32 of 227

My fix to my above problem Sky came out and installed a new box the one with an external power supply and so far so good...

Oracle
Post 33 of 227

@Tomcatgb wrote:

My fix to my above problem Sky came out and installed a new box the one with an external power supply and so far so good...

Glad to see you got your issue sorted.

Boom Operator
Post 34 of 227

my recent replacement box was the newer type. im going to try a forced software update and if that doesnt work looks like ill have to take a day off work to meet a sky engineer! Anyone know when the netflix update is due? I assume this will be another software update which may solve this issue?

Oracle
Post 35 of 227

@Jimb0tr0n wrote:

my recent replacement box was the newer type. im going to try a forced software update and if that doesnt work looks like ill have to take a day off work to meet a sky engineer! Anyone know when the netflix update is due? I assume this will be another software update which may solve this issue?

Hi @Jimb0tr0n Netflix is due to start on November 1st, there will not be another update as the latest update which starts with Q80 already has Netflix installed and it will just appear on the given date.

Executive Producer
Post 36 of 227

@Jimb0tr0n wrote:

You should have the latest update by now. It starts Q080 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Boom Operator
Post 37 of 227

Before the q080 update my box would not output a picture when turned on maybe once every few days but didn't do the thing with outputting a couple seconds of sound when turning off with the remote, the only fix for it being to unplug the power at the wall and plug back in.

After the q080 update it is not outputting a picture when turned on almost every time, ( most days atleast twice ) and when i turn off with the remote you get a couple of seconds of sound. Turn back on with remote and still no picture. This is repeatablle over and over until you actually unplug the box from the wall and plug back in again.

I have only had sky q a month or 2 and have had nothing but problems.

The 1st box I had was a v1 and had the UHD flickering problem. I got a new v2 box which fixed the UHD flicker but then every few days i would have to unplug it at the wall because of the no signal being sent to tv problem.

Now with the latest update it is 10 times worse and I'm unplugging it twice a day.

Obviously every time I have to do this, it interupts recordings and cuts out the tv for people watching on the mini boxes, so i get moaned at all the time too.

This is totally unacceptable for a premium service. And all the time people are having problems like this with the very basic operation of just watching tv, sky are not fixing it but instead wasting time adding rubbish like netflix which no one wants because they already have it on their all their other devices.

On top of this also 1 out of our 2 mini boxes makes a REALLY LOUD buzzing sound constantly.

I absolutey hate this thing and wish we had just stuck with sky hd.

Does anyone here know if we are within our rights to cancel sky completley because they are not fullfilling their part of the contract and providing what they promised.

I am thinking I may swap to virgin, I heard their boxes are a million times better and also operate like the old sky hd boxes where each box has its own recordings but with 6 tuners each and also UHD.

Boom Operator
Post 38 of 227

forced update didnt work. new cable didnt work. new cable using different hdmi port didnt work. switching off arc control didnt work. rang sky and an engineer will be here in a week. wait to see what they suggest and ill report back then.

Boom Operator
Post 39 of 227

I have the same issue. I have a Sony XF90, Sony STR DN1080 receiver and V2 box.

No picture if I switch inputs and go back to sky. Have to reset the Q box to get the picture back. I am going to the inline HDMI  adaptor to remove the CEC input to see if this offers a temporary compromised solution. My box is only a few weeks old after swappping it out due the UHD flicker issue

Researcher
Post 40 of 227

I also have a 1080 amp and have all same issues,

even when I turn off the sky w bix I get a few seconds of sound but no picture??

Bathroom man
Boom Operator
Post 41 of 227

netflix will probably work ok though on november 1st

that's what is important right

Researcher
Post 42 of 227

I have advancedhe same issue. Picture disappears but you can sometimes still here sound. I have to reboot (power) q box to get it back working. I think I've noticed it since software update on q box. Annoying!!!

Sound Designer
Post 43 of 227

I have exactly the same issue. The TV knows it’s getting 4K, just no picture and have to reboot. Every time the box has been off. I was having similar issue with no procure before the update but less frequent. All started happening after Sky replaced the box with a new style 2tb box.

Boom Operator
Post 44 of 227

@Steven+Pressland wrote:

I have exactly the same issue. The TV knows it’s getting 4K, just no picture and have to reboot. Every time the box has been off. I was having similar issue with no procure before the update but less frequent. All started happening after Sky replaced the box with a new style 2tb box.

So this is a problem only with v2 boxes maybe ?

So after getting sky to swap my v1 box to a v2 because of UHD flicker I now need them to come and swap it back to a v1. Smiley Very Happy Ridiculous

I read he UHD flicker on v1 boxes has been fixed with latest software

Boom Operator
Post 45 of 227

I am having same issue with my sky q 2tb box (external power), picture is fine then I change hdmi inputs on TV and when I change back to go back to watch sky I get nothing but a black screen and no sound and if I press the standby button it for a second or two while it goes into standby I hear sound, only way to get picture back is to reboot the box. It also gets frozen in standby mode alot.

Recommended Threads
4 minutes ago 02:59 PM
8 minutes ago 02:54 PM
9 minutes ago 02:53 PM
17 minutes ago 02:46 PM
17 minutes ago 02:45 PM