I keep having to reset my Sky Q box to be recognised by my TV

Researcher
Post 1 of 227

I dosent happen everytime so it so it can only be the Sky box. 

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 227

Re: I keep having to reset my Sky Q box to be recognised by my TV

@Steve+Wright wrote:

I dosent happen everytime so it so it can only be the Sky box. 

Hi @Steve+Wright If your TV is not recognising Sky Q then you may have an issue with the hdmi cable. What TV do you have?

Researcher
Post 3 of 227

Hi

it is a Panasonic and has been working fine for a few months since I got the sky Q box then over the last couple of months it started needing to be reset. Again it is t every day and but is getting more frequent and I have changed the hdmi cable but that doesn’t fix it.

Oracle
Post 4 of 227

@Steve+Wright wrote:

Hi

it is a Panasonic and has been working fine for a few months since I got the sky Q box then over the last couple of months it started needing to be reset. Again it is t every day and but is getting more frequent and I have changed the hdmi cable but that doesn’t fix it.

Hi @Steve+Wright What exactly is happening, i.e blue screen?

Researcher
Post 5 of 227

Hi

i used to switch on my tv and Sky and all would be good. When it doesn’t work there is just a black screen, no signal at all. So I reset the sky Q box and it works. I don’t need to switch the TV  off  I just keep it on the same channel whilst Sky resets

Oracle
Post 6 of 227

@Steve+Wright wrote:

Hi

i used to switch on my tv and Sky and all would be good. When it doesn’t work there is just a black screen, no signal at all. So I reset the sky Q box and it works. I don’t need to switch the TV  off  I just keep it on the same channel whilst Sky resets

Have you checked that the coaxil cables are secured properly in the back of the Sky Q box?

Oracle
Post 7 of 227

@Steve+Wright Try turning the Q box on before the TV.

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
Oracle
Post 8 of 227

@Steve+Wright wrote:

Hi

If you turn your sky box on first that should turn your tv on at the same time?

It looks like your tv isn't on the right channel ie, HDMI channel that your Q Box is plugged into?

Executive Producer
Post 9 of 227

What do you mean reset?

Do you actually mean reboot or just turning off and on again?

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Researcher
Post 10 of 227

Hi

I've tried both and the problem still exists. I actually do the same thing every day and it works some days and not others. 

The tv and sky box is situated in a place that no ne goes near it so the cables are untouched so it can't be a loose wire!

steve

Researcher
Post 11 of 227

Hi 

I only use 1 HDMI cable. There are no other cables going into the tv and when I reset it ie unplug sky from the power and plug it back in I get the boot up screen on the same channel it was switched on initially. I don't turn the tv off so it stays on the same screen from the black screen the through the boot up once I restart sky.

it definitely isn't the tv 

steve

Researcher
Post 12 of 227

Hi

yes I unplug the sky Q box and plug it back in again 

steve

Oracle
Post 13 of 227

@Steve+Wright few extra questions to see if we can get to the issue.

What output resolution is the Q box using? Settings/Set up/Audio visual

What software version do you have? Settings/system info

Lastly what model TV?

One thing to try is when the fault happens enter Home,1,0,8,0,Home on the Sky remote rather than pulling the plug to see if that works.

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
Editor
Post 14 of 227

@Quoman7 Hi i've never been told that i always turn tv on first the  skyq silver?  Occasionally the skyq box is already on but never brings the tv on.  How do i know which hdmi it should be connected to please

Oracle
Post 15 of 227

@Sophielegs wrote:

@Quoman7 Hi i've never been told that i always turn tv on first the  skyq silver?  Occasionally the skyq box is already on but never brings the tv on.  How do i know which hdmi it should be connected to please

@Sophielegs Hi Go into settings on your SKYQ box look for HDMI Control and make sure it is set to on, leave your HDMI plugged in as it is now.

Reset your Sky Q box by turning power off for 30 secs and then reconnect, after the box has rebooted put it in standby, and your tv on standby, then press the on button on your remote hopefully both will turn on!?

Recommended Threads
6 minutes ago 03:24 PM
Tracy124 8 minutes ago 03:21 PM
Oracle 9 minutes ago 03:20 PM
12 minutes ago 03:17 PM
16 minutes ago 03:13 PM