Discussion topic: I have recently moved to Sky Q. I disposed of the old hd box myself. Will I be charged by sky.

This message was authored by SLC87 This message was authored by: SLC87

I have recently moved to Sky Q. I disposed of the old hd box myself. Will I be charged by sky.

I have recently moved to Sky Q. 

Sky have sent a text asking me to return the old Sky hd box (over 20 years old). I did not realise I had to send the box back and disposed of it along with the satellite dish at the local recycling centre . Will I be charged for not retuning the equipment. Did not realise I had to return the item as engineer asked me to get rid of it.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley Answer

Re: I have recently moved to Sky Q. I disposed of the old hd box myself. Will I be charged by sky.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

No. Only Q hardware needs to be returned to Sky.

You probably could have sold it though.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley Answer

Re: I have recently moved to Sky Q. I disposed of the old hd box myself. Will I be charged by sky.

No. Only Q hardware needs to be returned to Sky.

You probably could have sold it though.

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@SLC87 wrote:

Sky have sent a text asking me to return the old Sky hd box (over 20 years old). I did not realise I had to send the box back and disposed of it along with the satellite dish at the local recycling centre . Will I be charged for not retuning the equipment. Did not realise I had to return the item as engineer asked me to get rid of it.

@SLC87 I'm a bit confused you say you got rid of your satellite dish but you need that for Sky Q as Sky Q is a satellite based system or did you get a new dish when Q was installed.

It's Sky Stream that doesn't use satellite technology so have you got Sky Q or Sky Stream 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Laing1 wrote:

@SLC87 wrote:

@SLC87 I'm a bit confused you say you got rid of your satellite dish but you need that for Sky Q as Sky Q is a satellite based system or did you get a new dish when Q was installed.

It's Sky Stream that doesn't use satellite technology so have you got Sky Q or Sky Stream 

@Laing1  I am guessing the engineer installed a new dish (like they did for me  when I changed over) and left the old one they took down  for @SLC87 to dispose of

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion