Discussion topic: I have followed the instructions to get Paramount +. All I get is Error MYSKY_2008. Why?

This message was authored by 12Principal90 This message was authored by: 12Principal90

I have followed the instructions to get Paramount +. All I get is Error MYSKY_2008. Why?

I have Sky Q and subscribed to Sky Cinema. When I try to get Paramount + I'm told there is no subscription linked to my account. Error MYSKY_2008. Why is this? It's going on for months now.

All Replies

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: I have followed the instructions to get Paramount +. All I get is Error MYSKY_2008. Why?

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @12Principal90 an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by MikeWSky This message was authored by: MikeWSky

Re: I have followed the instructions to get Paramount +. All I get is Error MYSKY_2008. Why?

I am getting the exact same error message for the last year when I have tried to subscribe to Discovery+ (I already subscribe to TNT Sports so should get Discovery+ free). 

Rang support a few times and get nowhere, anything from "try again in a few days" to "sorry there is nothing I can do".

The error says "MYSKY_2008 - We'll be back soon"    12 months later and your still not back !

Contract finishes in August and whether I will be back any time soon is very debatable.

12Principal90
Topic Author
This message was authored by 12Principal90 This message was authored by: 12Principal90

Thank you. From reading  replies in other similar  discussions  it appears it's a common problem.  I will give  it a week  and  if it's  not sorted I'm going to cancel  my Sky Cinema  subscription.  

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@12Principal90 wrote:

Thank you. From reading  replies in other similar  discussions  it appears it's a common problem.  I will give  it a week  and  if it's  not sorted I'm going to cancel  my Sky Cinema  subscription.  

Keep looking on this site for a chat bubble to open up (you get 48hrs from initial contact before it closes).  Please note that if you're inside a minimum term deal for Sky Cinema, there will be an early exit cost.

I am just another Sky customer!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion