Discussion topic: I have a message on screen saying there is a problem with my satellite signal.

This message was authored by Riabelle This message was authored by: Riabelle

I have a message on screen saying there is a problem with my satellite signal.

I have a message on screen saying there is a problem with my satellite signal. I have recently downgraded to a basic package and have just had access to Apps and recordings. However, I am now getting the same message there. Previously they had worked fine. Broadband is with BT but is working fine. Have switched everything off (both BT and Sky) and waited and restarted and waited some more. But no joy...! Please can anyone help?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1 Answer

Re: I have a message on screen saying there is a problem with my satellite signal.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Riabelle wrote:

I have a message on screen saying there is a problem with my satellite signal. I have recently downgraded to a basic package and have just had access to Apps and recordings. However, I am now getting the same message there. Previously they had worked fine. Broadband is with BT but is working fine. Have switched everything off (both BT and Sky) and waited and restarted and waited some more. But no joy...! Please can anyone help?

@Riabelle  if you have downgrade to the essentials package this should still gives access to free to air channels. So you must have a problem with your dish. If a box doesn't have a satellite signal for 2 weeks or so it won't work at all as it needs a steallite signal to keep the box alive 

You can contact Sky by phone by dialling 150 if Sky is your phone provider or by following the link below
https://www.sky.com/help/home
scroll down to need more help click on this and you will find a phone number. If you are in ROI please change the flag at the bottom right to the ROI flag

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: I have a message on screen saying there is a problem with my satellite signal.

@Riabelle wrote:

What is the basic package you have @Riabelle ?

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1 Answer

@Riabelle wrote:

@Riabelle  if you have downgrade to the essentials package this should still gives access to free to air channels. So you must have a problem with your dish. If a box doesn't have a satellite signal for 2 weeks or so it won't work at all as it needs a steallite signal to keep the box alive 

You can contact Sky by phone by dialling 150 if Sky is your phone provider or by following the link below
https://www.sky.com/help/home
scroll down to need more help click on this and you will find a phone number. If you are in ROI please change the flag at the bottom right to the ROI flag

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
Riabelle
Topic Author

Hi @oldfella,

Thanks for posting back. I think it's the Essentials package that @Laing1 refers to in their reply. It was just to allow me access to my recordings and Apps until I am in a position to get a more comprehensive one back on...

R

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Riabelle wrote:

Hi @oldfella,

Thanks for posting back. I think it's the Essentials package that @Laing1 refers to in their reply. It was just to allow me access to my recordings and Apps until I am in a position to get a more comprehensive one back on...

R

Hi @Riabelle 

You will not have access to any recorded content that is not in the Essentials pack.  Also if you do not have the HD pack you will not be able to watch HD recordings.

Riabelle
Topic Author

Thanks, @oldfella.

Up until 2 days ago, I had access to the Apps and all my recordings. Now there is just a message saying about the satellite. The message at the top of my screen, when I am not in a menu page, says that even with the satellite issue, I can still access my Apps and recordings. Something has changed and I'm not sure what...

Riabelle
Topic Author

Hi @Laing1,

Thanks for your reply. Whilst it seems crazy that Sky are allowed to let me pay for a package that only uses the internet when I need to be able to receive satellite messages to continue use, I fear you may be right, as I believe I have seen a similar suggestion to this on another post. It was a slightly different scenario, so I hoped it wouldn't apply to me...

I shall follow your link. Thanks again.

R

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion