Discussion topic: I don’t have HD but am being blocked from downloading a Sky Arts programme on SD

This message was authored by Kath013 This message was authored by: Kath013

I don’t have HD but am being blocked from downloading a Sky Arts programme on SD

I cannot download and watch Sky Arts Landscape Artist of the Year in SD. I get a message saying I have to upgrade my package. My package includes Sky Arts and I can watch other Sky Arts programmes in SD.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15 Answer

Re: I don’t have HD but am being blocked from downloading a Sky Arts programme on SD

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @Kath013.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: I don’t have HD but am being blocked from downloading a Sky Arts programme on SD

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Someone else had a similar problem with this programme the other day (though they said they could only get it in HD)

So I've escalated this. Please look out for a blue chat bubble.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @Kath013.

Kath013
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kath013 This message was authored by: Kath013

Thank you all very much. I selected SD as my preference in settings and can now download the programme. I am really gratefull for your speedy responses. 

This message was authored by Jamaica1717 This message was authored by: Jamaica1717

I am also having this issue, annoying as I was going to binge watch tonight 

This message was authored by Jamaica1717 This message was authored by: Jamaica1717

I'm sorted, thanks

This message was authored by Chris6712 This message was authored by: Chris6712

I am also being told I need to upgrade my package to download programmes from sky arts even though I am trying to download in sd

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chris6712 wrote:

I am also being told I need to upgrade my package to download programmes from sky arts even though I am trying to download in sd

@Chris6712 

The default download setting is HD so try changing the default format to download in SD rather than just changing the programmes format to SD

you can change the default to SD by Pressing Home on your Sky Q remote and select Settings, then Setup.
Select Preferences, then 'On Demand default download format', and choose SD.

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by TaffTee This message was authored by: TaffTee

I have just done this as well, and it worked before using Catch up, Sky Channels, Sky Arts channel.

1. Go to: Settings

2 Preferences

3. Download in: Tick box for SD untick HD.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion