Discussion topic: How to watch sky on new LG TV

This message was authored by IanH71 This message was authored by: IanH71

Re: How to watch sky on new LG TV

TV is connected via ethernet.  All other apps and streaming work.  It was just the Sky News App and only the Live part within it as per my post above.  The Live part of the Sky News app was not working for about 6 months, as of yesterday, boom - working fine.  This is the second time that it has stopped working and the longest time it stopped working.    

Sadly it only worked for a few days, I went away for a long weekend, came back and again it isn't working!!!  Everything else works fine on my TV.  Sky or LG can you please fix this.   

I have resorted to watching Sky News on YouTube as suggested by somebody in an earlier post...  The only inconvenience are the adverts.

Yes, I deleted the Sky News app and reinstalled it.  The LG software is updated to the latest version.  Without doing any changes to anything, it will only work intermittently and more often it won't work.  Could there a bandwidth issue with the Sky New app itself on LG, i.e. too many viewers? 

This message was authored by jlano3 This message was authored by: jlano3

Thank you sooo much. This has been doing my head in all afternoon

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jlano3 wrote:

Thank you sooo much. This has been doing my head in all afternoon

Which post had the answer? This forum (stupidly) doesn't link or auto-quote when you reply to a post.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion