How do I change the position of subtitles on Sky Q

Runner
Post 1 of 10

How do I change the position of subtitles on Sky Q

Hi,

I'm new here and new to Sky Q.  I had Sky Q installed yesterday and the subtitles appear nearly half way up the screen, as opposed to the bottom of the screen with my old Sky+ HD box, thereby obscurring too much of the picture..

How do I change this please ?

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 10

Re: How do I change the position of subtitles on Sky Q

@FENCEMAN37 wrote:

Hi,

I'm new here and new to Sky Q.  I had Sky Q installed yesterday and the subtitles appear nearly half way up the screen, as opposed to the bottom of the screen with my old Sky+ HD box, thereby obscurring too much of the picture..

Hi @FENCEMAN37 As far as I am aware you cannot change the position of the subtitles banner on SKYQ?

Oracle
Post 3 of 10

@FENCEMAN37 wrote:

Hi,

@FENCEMAN37 Unfortunately @Quoman7 is correct and there is no way to change the position of the subtitles it must be annoying if they are obstructing what is going on on screen

I may have an Oracle badge but i'm still just a customer

imagebam.com

imagebam.com

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, Sky Q Hub, all connected by wifi
Sky Boxset, multiscreen/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
Sky Fibre Unlimited, LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV
Oracle
Oracle
Post 4 of 10

@FENCEMAN37 wrote:

Hi,

You can’t change them but I don’t find them covering half the screen. If you can post a photo of this I can tell you whether they’re functioning normally

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package

imagebam.com
Oracle
Post 5 of 10

@FENCEMAN37

Might be worth checking your TV isn't doing anything strange with aspect ratio, magnification or resolution. Generally subtitles are reasonably well behaved (although there are some exceptions: we find some episodes of 'The Simpsons' tends towards the behaviour you describe).

Sky has an Accessibility Department who exist to offer advice on such things, so they may be able to help.

Sky Q from April 2016 (Silver & 1 Mini, both over ethernet), BT ADSL (14Mbs), BT Home Hub 6 (ethernet), Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 4.4 KitKat), Wileyfox Swift (Android 7.1.2 Nougat), LG 49UJ701V with Yamaha RX-V375, Toshiba 32L6353, Samsung UE22F5400
Runner
Post 6 of 10

Hi @SDR,

The banner, as another poster called it, is nearly half way up the screen as opposed to the bottom.  It is the same size as it has always been, not covering half the screen.  In this position it is much more intrusive.

Any way several people have anwered my question, thanks to all, it cannot be moved.

Runner
Post 7 of 10

Sorry, me again,

Does it always take so long, about 10 seconds, for pages to load on this site ?

Director of Photography
Post 8 of 10

@FENCEMAN37 wrote:

Sorry, me again,

Does it always take so long, about 10 seconds, for pages to load on this site ?

Hi @FENCEMAN37  Nope, instantaneous here ... (BT Broadband). Note hit the [Dismiss] button (left of the [Home] key) to remove the banner which should only take up about a quarter of the screen.

Runner
Post 9 of 10

@FENCEMAN37 wrote:

Hi,

How do I change this pleas

I have tried 3 times to post a photo and I can't get it to work

Runner
Post 10 of 10

Picture will not work ??

Recommended Threads