Discussion topic: Hi.ive just bought a Hisense Qled 4k tv.i cant get it to connect to anything. It shouldn't req cabl

This message was authored by WilliamBill This message was authored by: WilliamBill

Hi.ive just bought a Hisense Qled 4k tv.i cant get it to connect to anything. It shouldn't req cabl

Hi I've just bought an Hisense Qled tv.I can't get any channels. It shouldn't need any cables as it's wireless. My account and WiFi are connected. Any suggestions I would be grateful thanks 

Best Answers
This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234 Answer

Re: Hi.ive just bought a Hisense Qled 4k tv.i cant get it to connect to anything. It shouldn't req

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@WilliamBillIf you are using Q then the Q box needs to connect to the TV using a HDMI lead.

You will only get the things the built in apps in the TV supply, assuming you have the correct subscriptions, without an aerial WiFi will not get you broadcast or Sky channels, you should be able to use the BBC iPlayer and ITV X etc.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Hi.ive just bought a Hisense Qled 4k tv.i cant get it to connect to anything. It shouldn't req

@WilliamBill  There are likely 2 issues, One your TV is defaulty to freeview so if no cables attached then no channels.

Other issue is what HDMI port is Sky Q plugged into, are you selecting the correct HDMI input?

This sounds like a setup issue with yourt new TV rather than a Sky Q specific fault.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@WilliamBill 

The link between a Sky box (Sky+ / Sky+ HD / Sky Q (main or Mini) / Sky Stream) and a TV set cannot be wireless.

You always need an HDMI cable (or SCART for older Sky+) for that part of a Sky television subscription service.

The WiFi built into a smart television is to get data to its onboard apps: it cannot carry a Sky television signal (in the UK, at least: there is a Q app for some smart TVs in Germany).

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@WilliamBill wrote:

Hi I've just bought an Hisense Qled tv.I can't get any channels. It shouldn't need any cables as it's wireless. My account and WiFi are connected. Any suggestions I would be grateful thanks 

The only things that your TV can get wirelessly are the inbuilt apps. 

SKY Q (& SKY Stream) need to be plugged into the TV using an HDMI cable 

BTW Freeview from terrestrial transmitters would need a normal aerial cable also 

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234 Answer

@WilliamBillIf you are using Q then the Q box needs to connect to the TV using a HDMI lead.

You will only get the things the built in apps in the TV supply, assuming you have the correct subscriptions, without an aerial WiFi will not get you broadcast or Sky channels, you should be able to use the BBC iPlayer and ITV X etc.

WilliamBill
Topic Author
This message was authored by WilliamBill This message was authored by: WilliamBill

Thanks everyone but how can sky work wireless to other tvs as sky advertise this.How does that work? 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@WilliamBill 

I think that would be an advert for Sky Glass which is a Sky own-brand television set and is a different system to Sky Q

@WilliamBill wrote:

how can sky work wireless to other tvs

Or you are thinking of Q Mini boxes which are  wireless from the main Q box to the Mini box but use an HDMI cable from the Mini box to the television set.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@WilliamBill 

I think that would be an advert for Sky Glass which is a Sky own-brand television set and is a different system to Sky Q

You may have also seen adverts for SKY Stream that  plays heavily on the lack of a dish & the wires to it  & use of the internet/wifi but that is still a small box that needs connection to the TV via an HDMI cable

WilliamBill
Topic Author

It's just I've just moved in and I can see they've had tvs wall mounted just a double socket and that's it.I can see in the lounge we're the main TV is has the hdmi cable.So wondering how this works. You mentioned a mini q box?

@WilliamBill 

If you have Sky Q, the main Q box has to be on the end of cables from the satellite dish, so that pretty well defines its location.

A Q Mini box (which has an additional monthly cost) can be away from the main Q box and gets its 'satellite signal' wirelessly.

Note however that Q Mini boxes cannot output UHD.

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@WilliamBill

Have you got a Sky service as if you have you should have used their moving service as things could well need changing at your new address.

However if you just want the TV to work as a TV you will have to find an aerial socket either terestrial for Freeview or satellite for Freesat.

@bob1234 wrote:

@WilliamBill

However if you just want the TV to work as a TV you will have to find an aerial socket either terestrial for Freeview or satellite for Freesat.

In a strong Freeview area (close to a local transmitter mast) a small plug-in aerial might be sufficient, rather than a roof or loft mount.  Freesat needs a dish and cabling.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion