Discussion topic: Have to keep signing in to discovery plus

This message was authored by Ramprat This message was authored by: Ramprat

Re: Have to keep signing in to discovery plus

Exactly the same issue since yesterday, sky have clearly broken something, with sky marketing itself as a multi service viewing platform but you can't get a reliable service then really not worth the cost when you can get better service and majority of content elsewhere.

They need to sort their act out ASAP, has anyone been able to actually speak with sky or do you keep getting directed to help page content which isn't helping?

This message was authored by RichardHP21 This message was authored by: RichardHP21

The sky helpdesk option is less than helpful it takes you around in circles and spits you out at the end. Pressed option 3 for more help repeatedly and the robot disconnected.

This message was authored by Murraynator This message was authored by: Murraynator

Not good. I have to keep doing it. Sky are just not bothered. 

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Same for me, issue started this week, not a good look with the Olympics round the corner.

No such issues on my Apple TV 4K, EE TV Pro box or mobile devices, so this is Sky hardware specific.

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K
This message was authored by MrsChristie08 This message was authored by: MrsChristie08

Discovery+ Requests Activation Each Time

Not sure if this is a wider issue. Both ojr main box and hub have started requesting the activation code for Discovery+ each time we open the app. We're regular users of the app so it's not a time-out (also usually one sign in lasts for months) so is this a new feature or is something going wrong?

This message was authored by Beachmouse This message was authored by: Beachmouse

Also having the same problem. It started about three days ago. Every time I load the App (on any box) it makes me do the QR code activation again. 

Very irritating! 

This message was authored by Antsaoir This message was authored by: Antsaoir

Yes this is obviously a full Sky issue, the specific app for both the main Sky Q box and the Sky Q mini box are affected, it forces you to accept cookies every time you start the app, then forces you to have to sign in every time. The timeline seems to be sometime in the last seven days, an updated version of the Sky Q version of the Discovery+ app has been pushed to the sky Q boxes with fawlty and obviously untested code.

This message was authored by Sinth This message was authored by: Sinth

Yep, same story here. Refreshed apps but makes no difference.

SKY Q 2TB v2 in SCR mode (WiFi to hub)
SKY Fibre Ultrafast 1
Panasonic 50dx750b
Sonos Playbar - WiFi to Q box
This message was authored by Murraynator This message was authored by: Murraynator

It's ridiculous every time I go into it I have to keep signing in. 

I have just signed in then came out of it. Went back to apps and hey presto have got to sign back in to get to it. Not happy and Sky just can't be bothered. 😡

This message was authored by AmandaJaneO This message was authored by: AmandaJaneO

Same problem here too. Started last week 🤪🤔🤐😬

This message was authored by didi_hi This message was authored by: didi_hi

Re: Discovery+ Requests Activation Each Time

What have worked for me is these steps:
Reset settings (access from 001 menu), refresh on apps and then it is not asking me for qr code again.

Give it a try!

This message was authored by Sinth This message was authored by: Sinth

Re: Discovery+ Requests Activation Each Time

I posted already that doesn't work.

SKY Q 2TB v2 in SCR mode (WiFi to hub)
SKY Fibre Ultrafast 1
Panasonic 50dx750b
Sonos Playbar - WiFi to Q box
This message was authored by kf09 This message was authored by: kf09

Same issue for the last few days?? Have to keep signing in with qr code / activation code?? Very annoying, sky please sort out this issue.

This message was authored by wearetheangrymob This message was authored by: wearetheangrymob

same happening for me. having to sign into discovery on mini box  every time I start the app. Completely new behaviour for the app so something has changed.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion