Discussion topic: Hardware Version 32B064

This message was authored by Marshy1 This message was authored by: Marshy1

Hardware Version 32B064

I am having problems with my Sky Q Box & both my Sky Q mini boxes. It says on the settings section that the Hardware Version of my Sky Q Box is 32B04 & needs upgrading. Do I have to call Sky & and just order a new Sky Q Box.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Hardware Version 32B064

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Marshy1 wrote:

I am having problems with my Sky Q Box & both my Sky Q mini boxes. It says on the settings section that the Hardware Version of my Sky Q Box is 32B04 & needs upgrading. Do I have to call Sky & and just order a new Sky Q Box.

Hi @Marshy1 

Your main Q box is not UHD/HDR capable that should be your only issue.   It has no affect on minis which cannot show UHD anyway.

If you want an HDR capable box then the only way is to contact Sky directly and upgrade.

There will be a charge.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/check-which-sky-q-box 

Marshy1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Marshy1 This message was authored by: Marshy1

Re: Hardware Version 32B064

Thank you for your help. I have a Sky Service Engineer that lives not far from me. I was going to ask his advice, but you have told all I need to know.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion