Discussion topic: HDR v3 box not fit for purpose (sound cutting out)

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Beachbum59 This message was authored by: Beachbum59

Re: HDR v3 box not fit for purpose (sound cutting out)

I have just had a new sky q box installed as the one before broke. However when watching HDR content especially live sport the picture and sound drops out then quickly comes back. It is doing this all the time. This doesn't happen if I'm just in normal he and does happen if I go though my LG tv to access Disney + or nextflix. Therefore it has to be the new sky hdr box. Sky box is connected to tv by good quality hdmi cable and sky box is plugged into BT router Ethernet.

anyone else having problems and how do I fix please ?

thanks

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

@Beachbum59 wrote:

I have just had a new sky q box installed as the one before broke. However when watching HDR content especially live sport the picture and sound drops out then quickly comes back. It is doing this all the time. This doesn't happen if I'm just in normal he and does happen if I go though my LG tv to access Disney + or nextflix. Therefore it has to be the new sky hdr box. Sky box is connected to tv by good quality hdmi cable and sky box is plugged into BT router Ethernet.

anyone else having problems and how do I fix please ?

thanks

You can't fix it. None of us can fix it. Sky are yet to provide a solution after months & months of waiting... 

This message was authored by Perfectionist+dur This message was authored by: Perfectionist+dur

@Beachbum59 
welcome to the club. 
if you go back over this thread you'll read hundreds of people in the same situation as you. 
There is nothing, repeat nothing, you can do. You'll spend hours trying every wiring configuration and setup permutation. 
The best advice is only use the Q box to watch Sky. 
Watch ALL other apps (like Disney+ Netflix etc) through your TV, Amazon Fire or Apple TV. 

This message was authored by Rob1999 This message was authored by: Rob1999

The drop outs tonight have been awful worst it's been for ages.Still not had any on live TV .

This message was authored by Perfectionist+dur This message was authored by: Perfectionist+dur

@Rob1999 

I agree, they're bad tonight. 
I've been free of them for 4 or 5 days now. But they're back with a vengeance tonight. 
I am SO gutted!!

This message was authored by Lesterp This message was authored by: Lesterp

I fully expect you to be right. I questioned this when offered, and was told that they had some reconditioned old boxes. I'm guessing that I'll end up with another V3, but at least I've got my £50 back.

This message was authored by Lesterp This message was authored by: Lesterp

Sorry, that was @nickt99 ......

Jesus! They're every 2 or 3 minutes!!!!!!

They've never been this bad before. 

This message was authored by Rob1999 This message was authored by: Rob1999

@Perfectionist+dur What ever they have changed has certainly made a difference! The sound drops were crazy tonight I've turned the TV off it wasn't really watchable 🙁

@Rob1999 

The only thing I can think of is that the Sky Techs are tinkling with the systems to try to solve it. 
Someone on this forum posted a few days ago that in a telephone conversation with Sky the rep said "we are aware of the problem and we have whole tech teams working night and day to fix it"

I well believe that. 
So my hunch is that what we're experiencing is them playing with the train set and trying everything. 
That's my hope anyway. 

This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

People really are wasting their time trying to resolve the dropouts.  No amount of playing around will stop them until Sky release a software update to resolve the problem providing it's not a hardware problem. 

This message was authored by Beachbum59 This message was authored by: Beachbum59

Ok thanks, in a way I glad it's not just me. I will phone sky to advise them of the problem.

thanks for your quick response 

This message was authored by del70 This message was authored by: del70

I'm having the same thing but my picture also pixelates for a second or 2. It is very annoying when paying a lot.of.money every month. At least this thread shows its not just me so maybe they'll do something about it. 

This message was authored by KatJks This message was authored by: KatJks

I am so relieved to find this thread - I thought I was going mad! 

Had the new Sky Q box fitted in September, bought a new Sony television and expensive HDMI cables. Frequent audio drop outs happen, sometimes every minute, only lasting a split second. 

They are so annoying, but I am comforted knowing I'm not the only person experiencing this.

Was even tempted to pay £15 for a weekend engineer visit, so happy I found this first!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion