Discussion topic: HDR v3 box not fit for purpose (sound cutting out)

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Perfectionist+dur This message was authored by: Perfectionist+dur

Re: HDR v3 box not fit for purpose (sound cutting out)

So I've been watching The Flight Attendant all evening. Dropouts galore. 
But here's a first: dropouts in the ad breaks!!!!

I bet the advertisers and the media buyers wouldn't be happy to hear about that!    

This message was authored by EQ1 This message was authored by: EQ1

NOTE: All new readers of sound drop outs on Sky Q HDR 

We have had months of chat on this forum 145 pages and deleted by Sky.

There is no fix for problem as many of us have tried or think we have fixed.

1: it’s not your router or Internet or tv or sound AV.

2: you can watch live tv or catchup or Apps

3: Recorded shows you get sound random drop outs ( if you rewind it works again)

4: Sky have tried changing boxes. Some so called fixes by new box may or may not cause temp fix. But it will come back

This message was authored by EQ1 This message was authored by: EQ1

Weird I came back to this chat and all pages were gone so posted about issue 

This message was authored by ChrisOBHA This message was authored by: ChrisOBHA

I don't intend to post a daily update but just to say, since I moved my sound bar away from the HDMI ARC Connection to the TV and into an alternative HDMI, my Sky Q has been perfect. 👏👏👏

This message was authored by Kei+M This message was authored by: Kei+M

@Kei+M wrote:

Hi all,

Just an update to outline where we’re at with this since my last post. We’ve just gone into the final stage of test for our next software release (QR15). This release will contain improvements to address audio issues when watching recordings and whilst streaming on the v2 boxes.

In addition to this, alongside one of our suppliers, we’re testing a driver-based change that will reduce dropouts experienced on the v3 boxes and we’re planning to include this in the release after next (QR16). We’ll be looking to provide an opportunity for some members to take part in the testing and we’ll provide more information when we finalise the details.

Thanks for your continued patience on this matter and we’ll let you know more about the rollout of QR15 shortly.

We've started deploying QR15 and boxes will be updated gradually over the coming weeks automatically.

Thanks,

Kei
Community Manager

This message was authored by Rob1999 This message was authored by: Rob1999

@EQ1 @I I get sound drops on catch up and apps unless I watch apps through my Smart TV rather than the Q Box.

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

@Kei+M wrote:

@Kei+M wrote:

Hi all,

Just an update to outline where we’re at with this since my last post. We’ve just gone into the final stage of test for our next software release (QR15). This release will contain improvements to address audio issues when watching recordings and whilst streaming on the v2 boxes.

In addition to this, alongside one of our suppliers, we’re testing a driver-based change that will reduce dropouts experienced on the v3 boxes and we’re planning to include this in the release after next (QR16). We’ll be looking to provide an opportunity for some members to take part in the testing and we’ll provide more information when we finalise the details.

Thanks for your continued patience on this matter and we’ll let you know more about the rollout of QR15 shortly.

We've started deploying QR15 and boxes will be updated gradually over the coming weeks automatically.

Thanks,

Exciting....... but does it work? 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@fizzdisco if your drop outs are caused by the fault thst Sky has fixed it should work but nobody can know until you get the upgrade.

First batch of boxes updated last night - Sky usually update a few hundred thousand boxes in the first batch then if that goes well a second batch a wekk or so later followed by the bulk of the boxes over a 4 week period.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by RachieMs This message was authored by: RachieMs

We happily had the old Sky system and multibox and upgraded to SkyQ just under two weeks ago.

So disappointed, we have spent more time trying to fix the problems than watching the TV. Literally hours!

Tried various set ups and to be honest, I just want the old sytem back now 😞

The problem seems to be constant drop outs and hours without any wifi connectivity to the mini box

@RachieMs wrote:

We happily had the old Sky system and multibox and upgraded to SkyQ just under two weeks ago.

So disappointed, we have spent more time trying to fix the problems than watching the TV. Literally hours!

Tried various set ups and to be honest, I just want the old sytem back now 😞

The problem seems to be constant drop outs and hours without any wifi connectivity to the mini box

If you had it installed less than 2 weeks ago then you're still within the 14 day cooling off period where you can request to go back to the old system... 

I had a look at that and I thought I read that you could only do that if you haven't installed the viewing card?

@RachieMs wrote:

I had a look at that and I thought I read that you could only do that if you haven't installed the viewing card?

No. If you don't like the Q system or can't get it to work correctly or reliably then you are perfectly within your rights to request that Sky remove it and replace your previous system within 14 days. They'll complain and say you can't, but be persistent because they can and they will put you back on Sky+HD. 

The problem being that the engineer took away the old skyHD and multiroom box

I wonder whether changing to Virgin optic broadband may help. We are currently with Sky broadband

@RachieMs wrote:

The problem being that the engineer took away the old skyHD and multiroom box

Did you ask them to? Unlike Sky Q the Sky HD and multiroom boxes are your property.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion