HDR Update 2019?!

Executive Producer
Post 61 of 71

Re: HDR Update 2019?!

@JonW42 wrote:

@CBC001 wrote:

Who knows? The BBC are an odd bunch. On the one hand they are pushing ahead with HDR technology but we still don't have basic regional HD, something that has been "coming" according to them for half a decade now.   

There's a solution for BBC regional in SD. Move to Scotland where BBC One Scotland is HD.

Move to Scotland?  nah I’m not that desperate to watch HD! 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Producer
Post 62 of 71

@skinner1965 wrote:

@JonW42 wrote:

@CBC001 wrote:

Who knows? The BBC are an odd bunch. On the one hand they are pushing ahead with HDR technology but we still don't have basic regional HD, something that has been "coming" according to them for half a decade now.   

There's a solution for BBC regional in SD. Move to Scotland where BBC One Scotland is HD.

You don'tknow what you are missing by not being here. On the other hand, I do know what you are missing and if you knew, you'd be on your way.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Sound Supervisor
Post 63 of 71

Intriguing comments regarding BT’s presentation of UHD vs Sky. I haven’t seen any feed from BT, I’ll be interested to see if it does look better. As Sky’s Premiership UHD feed, looks great with a 10 bit panel. Will we get UHD BT Sports from Sky? When they start offering their partnership deal? I think HLG will come for the new F1 season. I haven’t watched much on Cinema recently, it looks so poor in SDR UHD?

Camera Operator
Post 64 of 71

Just simultaneously recorded five minutes of live football in HD and UHD.  The HD used 352mb of disk space and the UHD 1.1gb.

How does that convert to bitrate?  

Producer
Post 65 of 71

@NewtonBoy wrote:

Just simultaneously recorded five minutes of live football in HD and UHD.  The HD used 352mb of disk space and the UHD 1.1gb.

It doesn't convert to bitrate as compression is variable depending on the content and the compression used.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Oracle
Post 66 of 71

@JonW42 wrote:

@NewtonBoy wrote:

It doesn't convert to bitrate as compression is variable depending on the content and the compression used.

Of course it does 1.1GB in 5 minutes is around 19Mb/s average while the HD is around 6.5Mb/s. 

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
Boom Operator
Post 67 of 71

25-30 Mbps based on VLC

Researcher
Post 68 of 71

I assume that in order to watch HDR content on Sky Q you will need a Sky Q experience subscription and a 2TB main box. Is this correct?
Oracle
Post 69 of 71

@johnboy999 wrote:
I assume that in order to watch HDR content on Sky Q you will need a Sky Q experience subscription and a 2TB main box. Is this correct?

Hi @johnboy999  Yes you would, but at the moment HDR is not available on SKYQ

Boom Operator
Post 70 of 71

@JonW42 wrote:

@skinner1965 wrote:

@JonW42 wrote:

@CBC001 wrote:

You don'tknow what you are missing by not being here. On the other hand, I do know what you are missing and if you knew, you'd be on your way.

The weather ? Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

----------------------------------------------

Panasonic ZT65 | Sky Q 2TB | Pioneer LX 79 | Cambridge Audio 752BD | PS4 | Tannoy 5.1 | Harmony Ultimate One | Virgin 50mb | Sky VIP Diamond |
Boom Operator
Post 71 of 71

September I think for UHD HLG I cant imagine the next software update giving us HDR.