Discussion topic: HDMI port on the back of my Sky Q box won’t hold the cable correctly. Tried several cables.

This message was authored by CLF412 This message was authored by: CLF412

HDMI port on the back of my Sky Q box won’t hold the cable correctly. Tried several cables.

HDMI port on the back of my Sky Q box won't hold the cable. Tried several different ones, but the same issue. Having to stand the box on its side for the cable to stay in. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: HDMI port on the back of my Sky Q box won’t hold the cable correctly. Tried several cables.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Has it had some physical trauma?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: HDMI port on the back of my Sky Q box won’t hold the cable correctly. Tried several cables.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CLF412 

Not really any solution to that other than logging it as a fault and getting the box swapped out.

It would be unusual for a main Q box, but some users do migrate Mini boxes between television sets which can cause wear in the port through repeated plug/unplug cycles (which is why we suggest a 'port saver' is used)

953168052_max.jpg

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion