Discussion topic: Football teams fixtures

This message was authored by Carole63 This message was authored by: Carole63

Football teams fixtures

Use to be able to see football teams fixtures eg man utd on right hand side of screen since sky sports+ has arrived this option has disappeared. Can it be found somewhere else or has it just disappeared, if so, it's not a good idea.

Best Answers
This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven Answer

Re: Football teams fixtures

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Carole63 

They seem to have moved to the main Sports section.

On Q, click on Home > Sport > Football

Scroll down to the "Leagues" section  and click on Sky Bet EFL.

Scroll down to Championship news and highlights (or League One etc.) and click on the first tile in the row.

Here you will see 3 tabs for the table, scores and fixtures for all clubs.

It seems the Premier League section still has tiles for every individual club.

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Carole63 wrote:

Use to be able to see football teams fixtures eg man utd on right hand side of screen since sky sports+ has arrived this option has disappeared. Can it be found somewhere else or has it just disappeared, if so, it's not a good idea.

hi @Carole63 

Unfortunately the revamped app that has replaced that entry does not seem to have this specific function.

I am not aware of anywhere else to find this via your box.

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven Answer

@Carole63 

They seem to have moved to the main Sports section.

On Q, click on Home > Sport > Football

Scroll down to the "Leagues" section  and click on Sky Bet EFL.

Scroll down to Championship news and highlights (or League One etc.) and click on the first tile in the row.

Here you will see 3 tabs for the table, scores and fixtures for all clubs.

It seems the Premier League section still has tiles for every individual club.

This message was authored by Dina7 This message was authored by: Dina7

Sorry I'm not happy with the change of the fixtures list, league tables, results etc and following my favourite team.  Now you have to wade through so many menus and it now takes you into a whole screen app so you can't watch or listen to tv then when you finally get there it contains less information. Terrible change, and I don't wish to see loads of short videos. Needless to say I won't be using the app now.

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

@Dina7 

I concur, but feel free to complain to Sky, we are just customers here.

In the meantime, I highly recommend downloading and using the Sky Sports app as you can define the teams and sports you follow and then get quick links to jump into the same information that you used to get on TV.

This message was authored by mc321 This message was authored by: mc321

Just came here to try and find out the same thing,so im glad its not just me having this problem. (So thanks stereoheaven for a partial workaround)

The amount of digging around now to try and find this info on the menu is ridiculous and also as mentioned,it does not give individual teams fixtures now anymore so we have to look through every fixture to try and see what we want,plus not all games such as cup games seem to be even listed anymore.Its pretty useless now.

A big step backwards in my eyes that has taken away a very usefull (and easy to use) feature. ☹️

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

The only shortcut I have found so far is to use voice and it works well.

Say the name of the team if in the Premier League to go straight to their page or "EFL" to get straight to the main page. 

@stereohaven 

Hi thanks for info. However I don't wish to download the app to another device, I liked the app on the TV screen, neat and easily accessible to see all the information I wanted. I don't know why sky had to change it, for those who like videos etc it would have made more sense to make the new app as they have in the apps section, we would then have the choice. As another person has said it seems a step backwards.  I will contact sky and complain. Thanks.

@mc321 

Hi I totally agree. I don't see why sky had to change it as I feel they could have added to new app in the apps for those who want all the videos. As you said it was an easy and useful app while still on screen and all the fixtures for the whole season not just up and coming in the next week or 2. Totally frustrating in my opinion. 

This message was authored by SDB85 This message was authored by: SDB85

The updated Sky Sports+ app on Sky Q is a poor imitation of what it was previously.

Before I could look up the fixtures for the full season for my club, now I can't filter this by club, and have to scroll through all of the league fixtures to see the ones for my team.

It also only shows the "Scottish Premiership", but not any of the results from the other three SPFL divisions where I could previously view them.

Is there any way to view the rest of the results for cups and other divisions like before using the updated app, or is this an deliberate oversight which won't be rectified?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion