Downloaded series from ITV Hub has vanished, nothing in deleted items

Highlighted
Runner
Post 1 of 13

Downloaded series from ITV Hub has vanished, nothing in deleted items

I downloaed a series from ITV Hub, though I protected the series. But it's gone, and it's vanished from the deleted items too.

If a show is removed from ITV Hub, but had been downloaded prior to that series been removed. Should it remain on the Sky Q box?

The Sky Q box isn't full, it's a new 1TB drive only got it back in November 2018.

All Replies
Director of Photography
Post 2 of 13

Re: Downloaded series from ITV Hub has vanished, nothing in deleted items

@Zorolord wrote:

I downloaed a series from ITV Hub, though I protected the series. But it's gone, and it's vanished from the deleted items too.

If a show is removed from ITV Hub, but had been downloaded prior to that series been removed. Should it remain on the Sky Q box?

The Sky Q box isn't full, it's a new 1TB drive only got it back in November 2018.

Hi @Zorolord. Unfortunately not, only live recordings don’t expire and get deleted. 

https://helpforum.sky.com/bskyb/board/message?board.id=sky_programmingchannels&message.id=83995#M839...

Executive Producer
Post 3 of 13

Downloads have expiry dates and will be deleted from the box on that date. The date will be shown if it's 30 days or less.

Runner
Post 4 of 13

I didn't know that thank you , i will ensure I only record live programs from now on. Really disappointed that I've now lost my serie's.

You live you learn.

Appreaciate the information, even though it's not what I want to hear Smiley Sad

Executive Producer
Post 5 of 13

@Zorolord wrote:

I didn't know that thank you , i will ensure I only record live programs from now on. Really disappointed that I've now lost my serie's.

You live you learn.

Appreaciate the information, even though it's not what I want to hear Smiley Sad

Just don’t download programs from catch up until you want to watch them 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Executive Producer
Post 6 of 13

@skinner1965 wrote:

@Zorolord wrote:

You live you learn.

That won’t change the date on most things. 

Executive Producer
Post 7 of 13

@ianpaul1 wrote:

@skinner1965 wrote:

@Zorolord wrote:

You live you learn.

That won’t change the date on most things. 

You sure? 🤔

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Executive Producer
Post 8 of 13

It’ll work on some content. For example Grey’s Anatomy catchup has a 1 year download expiry (deletion) date from when it’s downloaded but it’s quite rare for downloads to have that type of expiry date. 

Most downloads will not gain anymore time by downloading them later. 

Producer
Post 9 of 13

@ianpaul1 wrote:

Downloads have expiry dates and will be deleted from the box on that date. The date will be shown if it's 30 days or less.

Not all downloads have an expiry date. Most do though.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Producer
Post 10 of 13

@ianpaul1 wrote:

It’ll work on some content. For example Grey’s Anatomy catchup has a 1 year download expiry (deletion) date from when it’s downloaded but it’s quite rare for downloads to have that type of expiry date. 

Most downloads will not gain anymore time by downloading them later. 

And from Box Sets, Game of Thrones (once downloaded) has no expiration date.

If you find a series you want to want from Catch Up or Box sets and it's to close to expire before ou can watch it, download an episode and if the download has no date, that means it has at least 31 days. In most cases, longer than 31 days. IF you see a date, then there' nothing you can do as it will go on that date.

Executive Producer
Post 11 of 13

Yeah to be fair the answer to this thread is wrong. Saying only live recordings don’t expire and get deleted is wrong as a lot of downloaded content also doesn't expire and get deleted.

Producer
Post 12 of 13

@ianpaul1 wrote:

Yeah to be fair the answer to this thread is wrong. Saying only live recordings don’t expire and get deleted is wrong as a lot of downloaded content also doesn't expire and get deleted.

@Zorolord  Please unselect the message you selected as the answer as it's not the answer.

Runner
Post 13 of 13

I have done, but not sure it's worked. It would have to be a series with a expiration date :/

Thanks again everyone Smiley Happy