Discussion topic: Download Failed technical fault

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: Download Failed technical fault

Ignore that it's been fully restored. It hasn't. I have a call with sky later this week with an update but they told me it's still an issue

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

21C70BF8-2113-48D0-91A6-DFA9C510A96A.jpeg

4E58C030-D5F7-42F5-B26F-E325C346F580.jpeg

This message was authored by Mrk1976 This message was authored by: Mrk1976

As of 17:10 this evening, it's still a problem. Trying to watch S13 E08 of Gold Rush (and yet Sky is listing it as E10!) 

image.jpg

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky have been made aware of the posts regarding ongoing issues since my post around half 12 today 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Why do they constantly say they have fixed the issue and mislead the customers? It clearly is not working or has not been fixed

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Super+Anthony  We only give the information as given to us and relay any continuing problems back to sky 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

I understand. It's just frustrating that sky had updated the status earlier and stated it had been fixed. This is incorrect. I have just emailed them to say that they shouldn't be saying that that issues are resolved when they are not

This message was authored by Daveyboy1234 This message was authored by: Daveyboy1234

Same here. Issue was fixed for a while but today tried watching some programmes from bbc. Pressed to download and getting the failed. No subscription. Error message again.  

just viewed service status and it's showing a tick and no issues but obviously there still is. 

They obviously do quick fixes and don't double check or they think they have solved it. This issue has been happening for over 3 years now and i had a previous ticket and i kept telling them that there was still an issue. All i was getting back was there is no issue!!!

This message was authored by Dirkjc This message was authored by: Dirkjc

Random channels still fail message appearing channel 5 for example 

It's happening on several channels... as i mentioned earlier, this download issue has been happening for several years and Sky have refused to accept responsibility in the past.

We ought to be getting refunds as we're not getting value for money

This message was authored by Stniuk This message was authored by: Stniuk

Still not working correctly on manifest s1e1. Stopping whilst watching.

All started when Sky glass came out. Maybe it was a way of getting people onto this system and buying Sky's own TV, but quickly they realised that wasn't going to work and hence why Sky brought out the stream!

Let's hope they can sort out this mess... but i don't hold out much hope

This message was authored by MacBraveheart This message was authored by: MacBraveheart

I have had this issue for three days now, and specifically with Sky Witness, trying to download Private Eyes.

I have done everything ever suggested, including turning off everything for 30 minutes to "power-cycle" the lot, and, yes, my ad preferences are set to off.

Frustratingly the download will work fine until the second break in, ie 19 minutes of a 50 minute programme.  

Then the "clock" jumps from 4:30 to 7:00 to 9:00 to full.  Trying to resume eventually leads to me being told that I have downloaded 100%+

Today that meant over 600%:

IMG_5856.jpeg

However-  that is incorrect and though it went to 675%, it never achieved more than the actual 19/20% in real terms.

A year and a half ago I reported this to Sky, and spent an hour and a half with a Sky engineer who couldn't help.  Promises to revert to me, and-  so far?  Nothing.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion