Does the SkyQ fan run all the time?

Producer
Post 31 of 46

Re: Does the SkyQ fan run all the time?

@steve30x wrote:

You are very very lucky then. I have SLYQ with over two months and I still hate it. I have to wait until 8th November and hope I can go back to my old SKY+ Box

Why do you hate Sky Q? You do realize that if you get (or already have) a UHD TV, you'll not be able to take advantage of it with Sky.
Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Executive Producer
Post 32 of 46

@JonW42 wrote:

@steve30x wrote:

You are very very lucky then. I have SLYQ with over two months and I still hate it. I have to wait until 8th November and hope I can go back to my old SKY+ Box

Why do you hate Sky Q? You do realize that if you get (or already have) a UHD TV, you'll not be able to take advantage of it with Sky.

He wants to power it down at night, doesn’t like the menu, doesn’t like the remote, doesn’t like the box, doesn’t like there’s no reminders. You get the idea. Lack of research! (Oh forgot to mention it’s noisey)

(incoming ban for me no doubt)

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Producer
Post 33 of 46

@skinner1965 wrote:

@JonW42 wrote:

@steve30x wrote:

He wants to power it down at night, doesn’t like the menu, doesn’t like the remote, doesn’t like the box, doesn’t like there’s no reminders. You get the idea. Lack of research! (Oh forgot its noisey) 

If you really want to power down at night, you can. Jut have to be aware of the rebooting you have t do every day.

The menu is the menu. It may change, but it won't change to anything like +HD.

You can get an accessable remote for Q that's just like the +HD remote.  But I prefer the touch remote. I actually find the layout to be better.

What's not to like about the box? +HD is a big honking ugly box.

No reminders is not a problem. Alexa, remind me to watch something at 7:55.

Noisy? Yes, the 1TB boxes can be noisy. My 2TB box is very quiet. And yes, +HD boxes can also be noisy.

The way I see it, is if Steve does manage to go back to +HD, then he won't be able to take advantage of UHD/HDR. If he has or gets a UHD TV, then all he;ll get from Sky would be HD at best.

Sound Supervisor
Post 34 of 46

@skinner1965 wrote:

@JonW42 wrote:

@steve30x wrote:

He wants to power it down at night, doesn’t like the menu, doesn’t like the remote, doesn’t like the box, doesn’t like there’s no reminders. You get the idea. Lack of research! (Oh forgot to mention it’s noisey)

It’s called personal preference...just get over it.

Producer
Post 35 of 46

To get back on topic... Yes, the fan in a 1TB Q box runs all the time due to a bug in the Q080 firmware. The fan does not run all the time in a 2TB Q box.
Camera Operator
Post 36 of 46

@JonW42 wrote:

@skinner1965 wrote:

He wants to power it down at night, doesn’t like the menu, doesn’t like the remote, doesn’t like the box, doesn’t like there’s no reminders. You get the idea. Lack of research! (Oh forgot its noisey) 

If you really want to power down at night, you can. Jut have to be aware of the rebooting you have t do every day.

You can get an accessable remote for Q that's just like the +HD remote.  But I prefer the touch remote. I actually find the layout to be better.

Noisy? Yes, the 1TB boxes can be noisy. My 2TB box is very quiet. And yes, +HD boxes can also be noisy.

The way I see it, is if Steve does manage to go back to +HD, then he won't be able to take advantage of UHD/HDR. If he has or gets a UHD TV, then all he;ll get from Sky would be HD at best.

Its weird that SKINNER would leave a snarky reply to my comment. He hates it when others have the opinion that people don't like SKYQ.

I leave the box on 24/7 with over a month but I find its starting to get slow and laggy with the past few days but leaving it on all the time is supposed to stop this happening.

I absolutely hate the menus. All of the User interface.

I got the accesibility remote and I like it a lot more. Its slightly bigger than the SKY+ remote though. But its a lot nicer to use than the SKYQ remote.

I don't have Alexa and I have no interest in Alexa or google assistant. I want reminders like SKY+ HD.

I don't have the UHD package that SKY wants to charge me another €17 for. I already pay for the HD channels.

I was complaining about Noisey 1TB boxes I had. Since I got the 2TB box I have been telling people who have a noisey 1TB box to get a 2TB box because its quiet but Skinner has selective reading syndrome and likes to criticice me and others who don't like SKY Q because it seems to be a hobby of his.

If I do manage to go back to SKY+ HD then I will not be missing on taking advantage of UHD nor HDR because I don't pay for it. I can not afford the extra cost on my bill.

SKY+ HD Amstrad DRX895 (Old model) 2TB
LG 43UK6400 Web OS 4.10.40
Sony STR DN1020
Executive Producer
Post 37 of 46

@Lawrence+cope wrote:

@skinner1965 wrote:

@JonW42 wrote:

@steve30x wrote:

It’s called personal preference...just get over it.

Just answering the question 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Production Supervisor
Post 38 of 46

@steve30x wrote:

@JonW42 wrote:

@skinner1965 wrote:

Its weird that SKINNER would leave a snarky reply to my comment. He hates it when others have the opinion that people don't like SKYQ.

I leave the box on 24/7 with over a month but I find its starting to get slow and laggy with the past few days but leaving it on all the time is supposed to stop this happening.

I absolutely hate the menus. All of the User interface.

I got the accesibility remote and I like it a lot more. Its slightly bigger than the SKY+ remote though. But its a lot nicer to use than the SKYQ remote.

I don't have Alexa and I have no interest in Alexa or google assistant. I want reminders like SKY+ HD.

I don't have the UHD package that SKY wants to charge me another €17 for. I already pay for the HD channels.

I was complaining about Noisey 1TB boxes I had. Since I got the 2TB box I have been telling people who have a noisey 1TB box to get a 2TB box because its quiet but Skinner has selective reading syndrome and likes to criticice me and others who don't like SKY Q because it seems to be a hobby of his.

If I do manage to go back to SKY+ HD then I will not be missing on taking advantage of UHD nor HDR because I don't pay for it. I can not afford the extra cost on my bill.

Almost everything you don’t like about Sky Q has been public knowledge for some considerable time and a simply search in Google would have provided all the information you needed. So why sign up to something without doing due diligence that was never, ever going to meet your requirements and then complain when others point this out? 

Camera Operator
Post 39 of 46

@Roger+Peters wrote:

Almost everything you don’t like about Sky Q has been public knowledge for some considerable time and a simply search in Google would have provided all the information you needed. So why sign up to something without doing due diligence that was never, ever going to meet your requirements and then complain when others point this out? 

Its been known for a considerable time that some people don't like it and yet SKY decides in some cases that instead of leaving the customer return to SKY+ HD they send an engineer out to replace the SKYQ Box. When the SKY Engineer came I was beyond the 14 day cool down period and I thought he was coming to put me back to SKY+ HD. I asked the SKY Rep to let me to return to SKY+ and I was led to believe that I was being sent an engineer to do so. So I am now stuck with SKYQ.

If SKY are so aware that so many people dislike SKYQ why are they insisting in keeping us on SKYQ and not allowing us to return to SKY+ HD. It is not my fault that I am stuck with SKYQ now. I have the SKY+ HD box , LNB and viewing card. I just want to return to SKY+.

I done some research on SKYQ. In videos and on paper it looks great but in use I don't like it. Why can't some of you just get over the fact that some of us just don't like SKYQ. You like it. Thats great. I don't Like it get over it.

Sony STR DN1020
Executive Producer
Post 40 of 46

@steve30x wrote:

@Roger+Peters wrote:

Its been known for a considerable time that some people don't like it and yet SKY decides in some cases that instead of leaving the customer return to SKY+ HD they send an engineer out to replace the SKYQ Box. When the SKY Engineer came I was beyond the 14 day cool down period and I thought he was coming to put me back to SKY+ HD. I asked the SKY Rep to let me to return to SKY+ and I was led to believe that I was being sent an engineer to do so. So I am now stuck with SKYQ.

If SKY are so aware that so many people dislike SKYQ why are they insisting in keeping us on SKYQ and not allowing us to return to SKY+ HD. It is not my fault that I am stuck with SKYQ now. I have the SKY+ HD box , LNB and viewing card. I just want to return to SKY+.

I done some research on SKYQ. In videos and on paper it looks great but in use I don't like it. Why can't some of you just get over the fact that some of us just don't like SKYQ. You like it. Thats great. I don't Like it get over it.

As calls are recorded, go back to Sky and ask them to listen to the recording. If in fact you were within the 14 days and were told that they would change you back to +HD, then they must still do it.

Camera Operator
Post 41 of 46

@bob I had a call from them a few days ago. I don't think they listened to the call even though I requested them to do so.

Sony STR DN1020
Camera Operator
Post 42 of 46

@bob1234 wrote:

As calls are recorded, go back to Sky and ask them to listen to the recording. If in fact you were within the 14 days and were told that they would change you back to +HD, then they must still do it.

I had two calls from SKY on Monday and the second call was from the loyalty team who arranged for an engineer to come and revert me to SKY+ HD on monday coming. I have the call saved on file. Also I recevied an email from SKY on wednesday stating they have sent a Grade (A) SKY+ HD box to me. So I am finally getting reverted to SKY+ HD.

Sony STR DN1020
Executive Producer
Post 43 of 46

@steve30x wrote:

@bob1234 wrote:

I had two calls from SKY on Monday and the second call was from the loyalty team who arranged for an engineer to come and revert me to SKY+ HD on monday coming. I have the call saved on file. Also I recevied an email from SKY on wednesday stating they have sent a Grade (A) SKY+ HD box to me. So I am finally getting reverted to SKY+ HD.

Back to the 1980’s, excellent ! 

Camera Operator
Post 44 of 46

@skinner1965 wrote:

Back to the 1980’s, excellent ! 

I wouldn't have expected any other kind of snide answer from you. In your book people should be forced to like SKY Q. I prefer SKY+ So get over it. I haven't once criticised you for liking and wanting to stay on SKY Q which I don't like.

Sony STR DN1020
Oracle
Post 45 of 46

@steve30x wrote:

@bob1234 wrote:

@steve30x Glad to hear that Sky have allowed you to return to Sky HD +.  Obviously not everyone will like Sky Q but I do think it is the future and will only get better with more features added. Maybe in a year of two you will give it a try again 😀😀😉

I may have an Oracle badge but i'm still just a customer

imagebam.com

imagebam.com

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, Sky Q Hub, all connected by wifi
Sky Boxset, multiscreen/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
Sky Fibre Unlimited, LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV