Discussion topic: Do I still need a sky dish

This message was authored by JanG25 This message was authored by: JanG25

Do I still need a sky dish

Hi I would like to know if I still need my sky dish. I am having some work on my house and it will need to be moved.  Thank you
Janet Gunner

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Do I still need a sky dish

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JanG25 wrote:

Hi I would like to know if I still need my sky dish. I am having some work on my house and it will need to be moved.  

@JanG25 

You certainly do to stick with Sky Q. Contact sky to potentially move it (if a suitable alternative location is available). They normally charge about £65.,

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

@JanG25 wrote:

Hi I would like to know if I still need my sky dish. I am having some work on my house and it will need to be moved.

Hi @JanG25   It is impossible to answer unless you tell us what Sky products you currently subscribe to.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@JanG25 wrote:

I would like to know if I still need my sky dish.

Sky+, Sky+ HD and Sky Q are satellite television platforms and require a dish feed even when also connected to the internet.  Freesat reception also requires a dish.

Sky Glass and Sky Stream do not use a satellite dish.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by 1Anonymous1 This message was authored by: 1Anonymous1

my auntie has got the sky+ box at her static caravan but it works without a dish but she want to upgrade to sky Q can she have that without a dish as well 

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@1Anonymous1 wrote:

my auntie has got the sky+ box at her static caravan but it works without a dish but she want to upgrade to sky Q can she have that without a dish as well 

Sky+ and Sky Q needs a dish.  It can't be 'working' without one.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@1Anonymous1 wrote:

hi @1Anonymous1 

A SKy + box needs a Satellite signal so is it possible that the Static Caravan is fed by a communal System if she doesn't have a personal dish ?

It would depend on the system as to whether it could be updated to work with SKY Q - SKY Q also needs a Satellite signal

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@1Anonymous1 wrote:

@1Anonymous1 Im not sure how she is managing that as all Sky TV boxes(apart from Sky stream) require a connection to a satellite dish to receive any channels.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion