Discussion topic: Disgusted with the service we are getting.

This message was authored by sky12345678 This message was authored by: sky12345678

Disgusted with the service we are getting.

I've been with Sky over 20 years and i had an engineer come out who replaced my hard drive as it kept playing up and my recordings kept stopping.My other boxes would and still are freezing even though im only using a maximum of 2 at a time.My engineer said i need to phone sky technical/service and ask them to send me a booster with an ethernet connection so i can can link straight from upstairs to my main box downstairs as one of the boxes upostairs is sending signal downstairs.They installed a cable ready. Sky have refused to send a booster as my broadband is with virgin.I am even with sky protect and can get no sense from anyone at sky about this except for calling out an engineer daily!!

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Disgusted with the service we are getting.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@sky12345678  If virgin media provider your broadband then Sky have no responsibility for send you boosters for a service they do not provide.

The boosters sky use work with their hubs only.

You need to speak to the people who do provide your broadband service.

Your expectations that sky should resolve wifi issues from another provider is baffling to me.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@sky12345678 

Sky engineers don't replace hard drives (in situ), they replace the whole box if they think it will solve the problem. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@sky12345678 

When they are not the ISP, Sky will loan a booster to resolve Q Mini box issues but not to improve WiFi for other devices.

Be aware that the currently stocked newest booster model doesn't have an ethernet port, so you'd specifically be asking for an earlier version they may not be able to provide.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by NickNewark This message was authored by: NickNewark

@sky12345678 My sister is with Virgin, and they can provide boosters,  which I believe you need to request through the Virgin app, using Broadband Checker. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@NickNewark 

Virgin-brand boosters won't help Q Mini box connectivity though.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by NickNewark This message was authored by: NickNewark

@TimmyBGood Good point. 

sky12345678
Topic Author
This message was authored by sky12345678 This message was authored by: sky12345678

Thanks everyone for the replies.Much Appreciated.

The Engineer replaced my Sky q box in situ yesterday and linked all miniboxes and was working fine and he suggested asking SKY for the booster as i'm not getting a stable connection to the television hence all the drop outs and freezing of mini boxes (2 max used at once).

My Broadband provider has given me boosters but of course they dont work with s

ky but my internet around the house is great except getting to the tv.

sky12345678
Topic Author

The issue is between boxes and getting a signal into the tv so that's why the sky engineer suggested asking sky for a booster with ethernet port.My broadband right throughout my house is grerat/security camera's all devices bar tv.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion