Discussion topic: Discovery + unsubscribe

This message was authored by Hungez This message was authored by: Hungez

Discovery + unsubscribe

When I try to unsubscribe to Discovery + on their website, it says it has to be done through sky Q, but I can't see how you do this, anyone know?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Discovery + unsubscribe

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hungez Use this link https://www.sky.com/help/articles/discovery-plus?DCMP=tva-skycom:ec_discovery_plus go go the bottom and see 'remove your discovery+ subscription'.

If that doesn't help you'll have to call Sky like with any other parts of your package you want to cancel.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Rhonny This message was authored by: Rhonny

@Hungez

There's no need to unsubscribe. It doesn't auto renew so just let it expire. 

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@Daniel0210 wrote:

@Hungez Use this link https://www.sky.com/help/articles/discovery-plus?DCMP=tva-skycom:ec_discovery_plus go go the bottom and see 'remove your discovery+ subscription'.

If that doesn't help you'll have to call Sky like with any other parts of your package you want to cancel.

@Hungez  Unless you have converted the trial to a paid subscription (it must be getting towards the end of the 12 months free trial) don't bother as it is not one that automatically changes to a paid subscription. I don't doubt however we will be harassed to take out the paid for subscription.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Rhonny @bob1234 Thanks for the correct info. Not having signed up for Discovery + I'm not in the know 🥴

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@bob1234 wrote:

@Hungez  Unless you have converted the trial to a paid subscription (it must be getting towards the end of the 12 months free trial) don't bother as it is not one that automatically changes to a paid subscription. I don't doubt however we will be harassed to take out the paid for subscription.

According to my diary, I have a note to cancel discovery + on 15 Nov 21

(I might manually cancel as my cynical side says they could auto-renew and charge)

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by Rhonny This message was authored by: Rhonny

@Doc5907

I might manually cancel as my cynical side says they could auto-renew and charge

But they won't because they can't. 

@Rhonny wrote:

@Doc5907

I might manually cancel as my cynical side says they could auto-renew and charge

But they won't because they can't. 

I understand that.

I was just wondering what the difference is to say, Amazon prime 30 day free trial, which will revert to paid membership at end of trial, unless of course you cancel within trial period. Why is Discov+ different to this?....just because they have said so ?

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Doc5907  Because it not a trial period, your geting Discovery+ for 12 months through Sky, no auto renewal.

A Trial is just that, a trial for a short period, e.g 30 days.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

@GD1 wrote:

@Doc5907  Because it not a trial period, your geting Discovery+ for 12 months through Sky, no auto renewal.

A Trial is just that, a trial for a short period, e.g 30 days.

Noted, ty

Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion