Discussion topic: Discovery+ has no sign in facility

This message was authored by OLLIE2212 This message was authored by: OLLIE2212

Discovery+ has no sign in facility

I have registered for free Discovery+ on my SkyQ box but when I go to the Discovery+ App to sign in there is no sign in facility!

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Discovery+ has no sign in facility

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@OLLIE2212 wrote:

I have registered for free Discovery+ on my SkyQ box but when I go to the Discovery+ App to sign in there is no sign in facility!

Did you first subscribe through Sky Marketplace and then follow the Activation procedure @OLLIE2212 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/discovery-plus

This message was authored by ftballman This message was authored by: ftballman

I raised a similar issue here last week, if we're talking about the same thing.

In my case my discovery account is fine, works on a tv app but the discovery/link page doesn't work. It's impossible for me to sign in on my sky box. The sky box doesn't have a sign in with email option that the tv apps does.

The root of the problem though for me seems to be the discovery web page not working as expected.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Doesn't it use one of those QR code things that gets you to sign in on your phone which then authorises the TV where you started the process?

OLLIE2212
Topic Author
This message was authored by OLLIE2212 This message was authored by: OLLIE2212

I want to watch England v India Test Match and although I have registered,  when I try to sign in on the Discovery channel there is no sign in facility!  If I look at MY SKY on the TV I can see that I have a free subscription to Discovery+.  If I browse shop (as directed) Discovery+ is not listed.  I have to assume that SKY are offering a facility which doesn't exist!

This message was authored by ftballman This message was authored by: ftballman

I do apologise to Ollie if I've jumped in with an unrelated issue but I still suspect it's the same.

Yes the sky box uses a QR code that links to discovery/link. On that page I can sign in but it then refreshes to the main page rather than a page to input the 6 digits. I hit the same issue using the LG link for a tv but the difference was the LG tv app had the the "sign in with email" option.

I have deliberately not used the full link because I've seen it lead to posts being censored. 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@OLLIE2212 wrote:

I want to watch England v India Test Match and although I have registered,  when I try to sign in on the Discovery channel there is no sign in facility!  If I look at MY SKY on the TV I can see that I have a free subscription to Discovery+.  If I browse shop (as directed) Discovery+ is not listed.  I have to assume that SKY are offering a facility which doesn't exist!

@OLLIE2212 you need to follow the instructions in the link below to get your free discovery+ although if you are thinking you will get free access to the Cricket then afraid you will not you need to have the TNT sports subscription to view the cricket on the discovery+ app

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-apps/tv-apps-on-my-sky-q-box/articles/discovery-plus

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@OLLIE2212 wrote:

It does exist. I use it. But caveat above - the cricket isn't in the standard Disc+ offering.

I would log into discovery+ on your phone browser first. Then go to the app on the sky box. Then hit the QR code with the camera app on your phone (do NOT use any dodgy 3rd party QR reader apps) which should take you to a discovery+ page to enter the code which relates the Sky box to your account. Because you are already logged in on the phone it should work.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion