Discussion topic: Discovery+ Age rating on screen wont go away

This message was authored by RobbW This message was authored by: RobbW

Re: Discovery+ Age rating on screen wont go away

👋 

we had this too, very annoying 😬

have found this on this thread;

Anonymous UNREAD

‎14 Oct 2024 10:14 AM

Sign in to your Discovery+ account and go to Manage Profiles. Select + to create a new profile. Turn on the Kids Profile. Turn on the Kids Profile Toggle. Change the default content rating. Select Save.

You can only change your profile's rating setting on the Discovery= website.

Seems to have done the trick 👍

Also agree about the D+ "support" 😉 see page 2.

This message was authored by GB32 This message was authored by: GB32

I did all that  also. Anyway discovery + have come back to me after the evidence I sent and they are now escalating to find a resolution  and will let me know accordingly . Sky also said they will escalate the issue. As some else posted it is a good idea for more folk to keep  pestering discovery + and Sky of the issue. 

This message was authored by Si_sfc This message was authored by: Si_sfc

Adding a child profile and changing the age rating to 15 worked - no banner came up. 
But instead I put a pin on my profile and it's worked like a charm too. I think it's to make parents with children aware (if I child is using your profile) what content they're watching. I get people without kids will find it infuriating but whack a pin on and you should be sorted 🙂

This message was authored by GB32 This message was authored by: GB32

A pin on the all ratings profile does not stop the banner appearing after adverts. Only the discussed work arounds provide some temp solution. The issue still remains and dc+ need to resolve the issue on the Sky Q platform as already discussed .

This message was authored by Warners This message was authored by: Warners

Yep got this too. Really annoying!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion