mc321
Topic Author
This message was authored by mc321 This message was authored by: mc321

Re: Discovery+ Age rating on screen wont go away

Forget the above post someone has marked it as answered again 😫

I give up

This message was authored by imaccat This message was authored by: imaccat

I've just been on chat with Discovery+ and they said to sign out and sign back in again. It appears to have fixed it for me on a normal profile (i.e. not changing it to a kids account), for the moment anyway.

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mc321 wrote:

I give up

@mc321 wrote:

I give up

@mc321 I have unmarked it as answered the only people who can mark it as answered will be yourself as the thread starter any Sky staff and any superuser

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
mc321
Topic Author

@imaccat wrote:

I've just been on chat with Discovery+ and they said to sign out and sign back in again. It appears to have fixed it for me on a normal profile (i.e. not changing it to a kids account), for the moment anyway.

Hmmmm This was one of the first things i tried when it first happened but it made no difference

I will try it again and see if it helps now.Maybe there has been some update in the meantime,thanks for replying here with what they told you to do.

This message was authored by Tim1976 This message was authored by: Tim1976

I literally tried signing out and back in about 10 minutes ago but still the same for me.

mc321
Topic Author

@Tim1976 wrote:

I literally tried signing out and back in about 10 minutes ago but still the same for me.

Ive just done the same there now and played a show and can also confirm it has no effect and the problem is still there after an ad comes on

Problem still persists

This message was authored by Nate85 This message was authored by: Nate85

Omg I have the same thing happening to me. I have to exit out of the program and go back into it to clear it off the screen

This message was authored by GB32 This message was authored by: GB32

There is no U rated banner staying on after adverts using discovery plus app on other devices, not on sky Q .  I have proven on my sony tv apps, using discovery plus, and on my android phone, the issue is not happening it only occurs on the Sky Q app so must be a sky issue not "discovery plus". This is so annoying!

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@GB32 wrote:

There is no U rated banner staying on after adverts using discovery plus app on other devices, not on sky Q .  I have proven on my sony tv apps, using discovery plus, and on my android phone, the issue is not happening it only occurs on the Sky Q app so must be a sky issue not "discovery plus". This is so annoying!

Doesn't mean it isn't D+ as it's still their software

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@imaccat wrote:

I wonder if they changed something specific to your account

I have just signed out of my Sky Q mini box and signed back in selected an episode of a series to watch and at the same time set the same episode on my andriod phone on the discovery plus app,and watched them at same time . When the adverts came on and ended the u rated banner stayed on the Sky Q mini but on my phone the u rated banner cleared no issue .  So why is it just happening on the Sky Q app . Just crazy !

mc321
Topic Author

@GB32 wrote:

I have just signed out of my Sky Q mini box and signed back in selected an episode of a series to watch and at the same time set the same episode on my andriod phone on the discovery plus app,and watched them at same time . When the adverts came on and ended the u rated banner stayed on the Sky Q mini but on my phone the u rated banner cleared no issue .  So why is it just happening on the Sky Q app . Just crazy !

The android app has nothing to do with the app on sky q,they are totally different operating systems and apps.

So just because an update on one platform broke it for that platform,doesnt mean another platform will be broken aswell.

This seems to have come form a recent update of the sky q app from discovery+ as it just started happening a couple weeks ago.

Your best bet is for you and everyone else to keep pestering the discovery + people until they (hopefully) resolve it.

I have spoken with discovery plus and shared screen shots using 2 different platforms Sky Q and Sony Bravia discovery plus  apps.   Just the Sky Q has the issue. 

Also spoke with Sky who will now escalate with Discovery plus directly .

Hopefully  a resolution will made available some time soon . It does appear to be a discovery plus app software issue that that effects just the Sky Q platform.

In meantime to watch discovery i am using other platforms,  but on Sky Q you have to use / create a U rated profile,  or come out of the episode and go back in after the advert ends .

This message was authored by oldie59 This message was authored by: oldie59

I'm happy using the child settings even if a fix is found

I don't watch anything on discovery above 15, and no ads is a big bonus

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion