Discussion topic: Connecting old DVD recorder to SKQ

This message was authored by AV21 This message was authored by: AV21

Connecting old DVD recorder to SKQ

I have an Toshiba recorder and I am trying to connect to my Sky Q box and smart TV (JVC).I am not interested in recording just playing DVDs.   I have connected a lead from the DVD to the smart tv. When I switch on the TV and select DVD I am getting the picture but no sound. I feel like I a missng a lead connection. Can anyone help?

All Replies

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

Re: Connecting old DVD recorder to SKQ

@AV21 wrote:

I have an Toshiba recorder and I am trying to connect to my Sky Q box and smart TV (JVC).I am not interested in recording just playing DVDs.   I have connected a lead from the DVD to the smart tv. When I switch on the TV and select DVD I am getting the picture but no sound. I feel like I a missng a lead connection. Can anyone help?

What kind of lead have you connected between the DVD player and TV? 

AV21
Topic Author
This message was authored by AV21 This message was authored by: AV21

I think it is an HDMI lead.

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AV21 wrote:

Your post title says you are connecting the DVD recorder to your to Sky Q  @AV21 .

However it appears that you are connecting it direct to your Television.

What model is the Toshiba DVD player/Recorder?

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@AV21 wrote:

If that's the case then it should be passing audio as well as video from the DVD player to the TV. 

It could be that your TV is not capable of decoding Dolby Digital audio from the DVDs you are playing. If this is the case then you need to work out how to change the audio output settings on your DVD player to make sure it just sends standard PCM Stereo to your TV. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion