Discussion topic: Cancelled Sky and I now cannot get a freeview or freesat signal

This message was authored by Guitar1234 This message was authored by: Guitar1234

Cancelled Sky and I now cannot get a freeview or freesat signal

Please can anyone advise, i have cancelled sky q and now I cannot view any freeview or freesat TV, I have purchased a set top box and nothing picks up signal, I have been told this is the fault of sky, can you please tell me how to fix this. Many thanks in advance for any help

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Cancelled Sky and I now cannot get a freeview or freesat signal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Guitar1234 wrote:
I have been told this is the fault of sky, can you please tell me how to fix this. 

Freeview comes via an aerial so is definitely not Sky's fault.

Freesat does work but you need to buy the correct freesat box that supports the LNB.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@Guitar1234Unless you have a 4K Freesat box or pay someone to change the LNB in your dish it will not work.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Guitar1234 wrote:
I have been told this is the fault of sky

The LNB (receiver module) currently on your satellite dish will be one which is compatible with a main Sky Q box (and 'Freesat 4K' branded hardware) but not an HD Freesat receiver: it would have to be replaced for such a box to work, but Sky will not do this for you.

As noted above, Freeview is digital terrestrial television broadcast from a local mast and received through an aerial: it has nothing to do with a satellite dish.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion